Sos Poorly Severum

8inary

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
550
Reaction score
0
Points
0
hi all, in need of some advice. I have a red spotted severum about 2.5" his belly has bloated up like a ballon, and scales splaid outwards about the bloated area, it has been like this for about 3 days now. I have not seen any other fish nipping or bullying him, it just seems to have bloated up to explosion size. All water parimeters are fine, Im stuck and dont want to lose him...any ideas?
 
Sounds like the fish has dropsy.
Once scales stick out organ failure, they never seem to make it once scales stick out.
I would cook some frozen peas for a few minutes, let cool down, pop out of shell, much between fingers into small peices and add to the tank.
Can you issolate the sick fish as if it dies in the tank and other fish in the tank peck as the dead body, it can pass onto the other fish.
 
Hi Wilder, thanks for the much needed advice. Ive put it into a hospital tank, although my other red spotted severum is also looking bad, but it is not bloated, it is the opposite actually, it looks like it hasnt fed for a long time, its very think. Very strange, both fish were from different shops. Anywho, ive put both into a hospital tank, and trying my best to keep them alive, but I dont think they will last.

Thanks for the advice anyway, bugger! lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top