Wanda hornsey
Fish Crazy
I have this in Emergencies but that is realy quiet tonight ...thought some one here might be able to help me ??
Everything was fine at 8am .......I just got home from work and put the lights on in the tank and low and behold 2 of my Rummy noses have tiny white polka dots on them.....every one else is fine (so far ) I am assuming this is white spot / ich
as you can see from my signature I have a big tank and lots of fish (including plecos) I cant get to a LFS (now all closed till 9am) until tomorrow and want to know what I can do to help them and the others in the tank till then.
I have read about adding salt but know this is a BIG NO NO if you have Apple snails & Plecos (and other scaleless fish)
I do have a UV filter running on the tank (with a brand new bulb) so I hope this may help... should i turn the pump down so the water spends longer under the UV or up so more water goes through it??? any suggestions on this?
I have read turning up the temp so the tanks at 84' helps but will this be a problem for any of my fish? can any one help on this??
Also what else can I do to help before the morning??
Oh and water stats
All are fine tested them this evening
Ammonia 0
NitrItes 0
NitrAtes 25 ish (its between 20 and 30)
temp 80'
20-25 % Water changes done every week (and yes it takes a while to remove 35-40 gallons and then replace with treadted fresh)
Edited to add...Thanks for your help Wilder, thought I would also try a wider audience
Everything was fine at 8am .......I just got home from work and put the lights on in the tank and low and behold 2 of my Rummy noses have tiny white polka dots on them.....every one else is fine (so far ) I am assuming this is white spot / ich

as you can see from my signature I have a big tank and lots of fish (including plecos) I cant get to a LFS (now all closed till 9am) until tomorrow and want to know what I can do to help them and the others in the tank till then.
I have read about adding salt but know this is a BIG NO NO if you have Apple snails & Plecos (and other scaleless fish)
I do have a UV filter running on the tank (with a brand new bulb) so I hope this may help... should i turn the pump down so the water spends longer under the UV or up so more water goes through it??? any suggestions on this?
I have read turning up the temp so the tanks at 84' helps but will this be a problem for any of my fish? can any one help on this??
Also what else can I do to help before the morning??
Oh and water stats
All are fine tested them this evening
Ammonia 0
NitrItes 0
NitrAtes 25 ish (its between 20 and 30)
temp 80'
20-25 % Water changes done every week (and yes it takes a while to remove 35-40 gallons and then replace with treadted fresh)
Edited to add...Thanks for your help Wilder, thought I would also try a wider audience
) bumping for some help Please 






