Slowing down the filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Woody781

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 380 Aqua One tank which is 34L. I was trying to have some floating plants in this tank but the waterfall filter is annoying for this! Any ideas how to redirect the flow or slow it down?? The plants just get pushed down to the bottom. I'm trying to block the light a little.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 416
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 409
I have no clue clue about the filter, but did you try raising the water level, it might change the direction of the current somewhat?

Some other point: what kind of plant is that with the large leaves? It looks like some sort of anubia to me. For those never bury the rhizome or the plant will die. Best would be to fix it on top of your piece of wood.

I have no clue clue about the filter, but did you try raising the water level, it might change the direction of the current somewhat?

Some other point: what kind of plant is that with the large leaves? It looks like some sort of anubia to me. For those never bury the rhizome or the plant will die. Best would be to fix it on top of your piece of wood.

Oh I didnt know this about Anubia, the roots seem to be growing. I want it on the bottom, is there another way to do it apart from being on a piece of wood. There is already one on the piece of wood that I have in my tank.

I meant, to move it onto the existing piece of wood ;) You can also just pull it out of the substrate, so that the complete rhizome is clearly above it, but some roots are still burried to fix it. It will send new roots to the substrate anyway.

The flow from my fluval HOB filter is also too fast for my 10 gallon tank. I use a piece of filter wool at the outflow to slow down the flow.

That looks like it has a spray bar. You could direct it to spray against the back wall. I have mine a couple of inches under the water and directed upwards toward the back wall. If that's not enough you could enlarge the holes

Put the floating plants in a small circle of airline piping that is connected together, it will keep the plants in one place and hopefully away from the filter, raise the water level to the spray bar if possible, and like seangee said, you can poke the holes a little larger to slow the flow.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back