Skimmer Help?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RRaquariums

Chatroom Moderator
Chatroom Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so I'm in the proses of setting up my new 125 gallon reef tank and it's come time for me to pick a skimmer now I'm pretty new to a large tank like this and honestly haven't had any experience with large skimmers.
When finished my set up will be the 125 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump, medium to heavy stocking.
Since I'm using a 75 gallon sump I have plenty of room for a large skimmer but I don't want to break the bank on this what I've been looking at and really like the look of is the Super Reef Octopus SRO-3000INT 8 In Sump Protein Skimmer it looks good on paper and I found only good reviews for whatever that's worth.
I'd really rather not pay more then 500$ for a skimmer if I can.
My question is do any of you have this skimmer? If so how do you like it and what kind of set up do you have it on? And where did you get yours from?
Thanks for any answers or advice it's all welcome :)

Bubble magus and always bubble magus fairly sure there easy to get in the US. There also a slightly cheaper brand than others but I can't fault there skimmers.

There is a company in the US that makes exact copies of Bubblemagus skimmers and at a fraction of the price, I cant remember the exact name but it is something like alkan. I only have heard good things of reef octopus but they arent that common in the uk. Like your lighting a skimmer is one of the biggest expenses in setting up your reef tank, so get the best one you can afford else you will only upgrade to a better one later on. Also bear in mind your stocking, corals dont always appreciate an overly aggresive skim, so a skimmr thatcan be adjusted is a must.

Most reactions

Back