Sketching Your Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Was this post helpful when it comes down to sketching aquariums?

• Yup

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Idk

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

AirFarceLive

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Have you ever had the urge of capturing your aquarium but a camera just wont do or wanted to make a plan of the new set up you're working on so you have a clear picture of what you're doing? Well I have, more than a a few times! And what did I do? I dug up my canvases and my ancient graphite set and sit for hours drawing plans for future aquariums and acurate sketches of current ones.
And guess what? You can do the same! No need for fance tools, just take out a pen or pencil and jump in the fun!

Use your own style!
Enjoy this fun activity with your kids! It's load of fun and yet so simple. Oh, did I mention its useful?
Just follow these simple steps!

Step 1

Start by adding The substrate outlines as if the paper is the front glass its self.

gh_zps09a336bf.jpg

Step 2

add all the hardscape (Wood, Stones and branches)

drgd_zps9315c0bb.jpg

Step 3

And atlast add all the plants, plants like java moss with light strokes and other plants kile anubius with strong and heavy strokes. And final details such as shadows, and texture like splinters in the wood or simply patches of substrate.

And what you get as a final products is a gorgeus illustration made by you of your own creation!

scan0003_zps269d8622.jpg

Anyways hope I help you guys out with sketching you aquarium and hope you have a lot of fun doing so! Se you guys and good luck!

Hah, nice! If you can sketch that well, I bet you can do really well when you apply color and more time.

majerah1 said:
Hah, nice! If you can sketch that well, I bet you can do really well when you apply color and more time.
Yup! Though I do better without color due to my eye condition ( I'm color blind). If I did use color it'll look like I'm high! lol!

Nice stuff man, that's what I do for mine as well :)

Most reactions

Back