Silver Sharks

To my knowledge they havent been bred ever in home aquariums (probably been done in the far east, but most likely with hormone assisstance). They would need a huge tank as their spawning ritual involves them swimming at high speeds next to each other, which means the average home aquarium just isn't big enough.

This article might be of use:
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...p?article_id=39
 
I agree on needing a huge tank. I saw some in my LFS fully grown and they were a couple of feet long almost. EACH . :o
 
Well I couldn't whip out the tape measure and get a precise measurement obviously, but they were getting damn close . Either that or they were something else. But they were labelled as silver sharks and looked to be just those. Well whatever they were they were very large. And very beautiful.
 
Well I couldn't whip out the tape measure and get a precise measurement obviously, but they were getting damn close . Either that or they were something else. But they were labelled as silver sharks and looked to be just those. Well whatever they were they were very large. And very beautiful.

Aye, the way they move you can't always get a good look at their size - but I've seen big ones in my LFS and can easily say he was over a foot. So for illustrative purposes can't really blame honeythorns take.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top