Silent cycle - plant list

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It's a good price too. I leave my lights on too much so need the timer to restrict me :rofl:

My dimmer/timer switch arrived today. Just wondered what schedule you have yours running?

At the moment it's set to come on at 80% from 8am till midday, then off till 4pm, when it comes on at 80% rising to 100% from 5pm till 9pm.
So 4 hours at 100% and 5 hours at 80%.

I've just today started adding seachem flourish comprehensive as well. My hygrophilia and limnophila are growing out rather than up, I wonder if this is due to lack of nutrients or light that is too intense?

I had mine set at 50% from 9am to 7pm. And a 15 min lead in/out. So gradual increase to 50%. So 10 hours at 50%.

Really, as low as 50%? Is that your ciano 60 tank? How is your plant growth, any algae?

Thanks

One final small re-scape last night. Moved the java fern on the higher levels of the azalea root to a lava rock. They were too close to the light and subject to hair algae. I think they'll be better suited to this corner on the rock.

Ammonia and nirtite both tracking zero. Plants showing strong growth, especially since I started dosing a little seachem flourish. I think the hair algae problem may also have been a problem of low nutrients.

Today is fish day! And with these pictures I will close this thread. Thank you to everyone who offered help.

20201030_090115.jpg

20201030_090126.jpg

Tank looks gorgeous. How did adding fish go & how's the algae?

I think maybe my light strip is a bit too weak for lights. Would you recommend the red strip?

Tank looks gorgeous. How did adding fish go & how's the algae?

I think maybe my light strip is a bit too weak for lights. Would you recommend the red strip?

Thanks!
10 trigonostigma hengeli (glowlight rasbora) seem to be settling in nicely. I started a new thread in the tropical discussion forum with some pictures.

I sent the red light back, didn't like the look of it and given I had algae anyway thought the single light was probably strong enough on it's own. I have my dimmer set up 8-12 80%, 12-4 off, 4-8 85%, 8-9 75%. Plants seems to be doing really well. I started adding a tiny amount of seachem flourish comp last week and can already tell it's made a difference. I have seachem root tabs as well which have been in from the start. In my previous tank I didn't have sand, glad I've got it now as the plants take root so easily.

There is still some hair algae but if anything I think it's reducing now. So hopefully things are in balance. I've also got five amano shrimp coming this week which I hope will start taking care of it.

I'd say I've the tank light on too much :/ will have to pick up a times switch for this one too. I gave a good clean so hopefully with reduced light it won't come back.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back