Sick Neon Tetra

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

[...] pick up a bottle of Pimafix and Melafix at petco
..neither of which actually do anything. Using those would be like having a glass of water to cure flu. It really is worth making sure you have real medication which will kill bacteria, instead of just making your house smell nice.

I do recommend that you always have one anti-bacterial/fungul medication and one anti-whitespot as standard equipment.

[...] pick up a bottle of Pimafix and Melafix at petco
..neither of which actually do anything. Using those would be like having a glass of water to cure flu. It really is worth making sure you have real medication which will kill bacteria, instead of just making your house smell nice.

I do recommend that you always have one anti-bacterial/fungul medication and one anti-whitespot as standard equipment.
+1

There may be an argument for using Melafix in some situations where the fish have been stressed for some reason to help prevent secondary infections, like fungus/fin rot from taking hold, but once they have, you need a 'proper' med; tea tree oil just won't 'cut it'.

Myxazin (for bacterial infections) and eSHa exit ( for ich) are my prefered meds; they've done well for me in the past.

It could have been from stress when the pump in my pond broke we had too move the fish to a small aquarium then move them back soon after the fish got fin rot and wiped out more than half of my fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back