Shrimp Compatibility?

Anguilla82

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
GB
Hi all i have a 5ft tank stocked with a myriad of general community fish such as
angels, gouramis, harlequins, danios and 6 clown loach.
now i'm wondering if i'm able to stock with some small shrimp species or would the loaches in particular see them as lunch?
 
If the clowns didnt, the angels would
 
you could keep a giant african filter shrimp but you would need hiding places when it molts. Also you would have to buy one probly atleast 4 inches long and have a current in the tank.
 
Hi all i have a 5ft tank stocked with a myriad of general community fish such as
angels, gouramis, harlequins, danios and 6 clown loach.
now i'm wondering if i'm able to stock with some small shrimp species or would the loaches in particular see them as lunch?


I have 6 shrimps in my tank. They are all nice and big now and they hav'nt been bothered by any of my fish even the clown loaches. They are fed on various veggies with a screwcumber fed through them. I think it must be because they are well fed on pellets and veg to be bothered eating my shrimps. They get totaly ignored by all my community fish.

I would give it a go. I think you will be ok.

Regards

Gaz
 

Most reactions

Back
Top