Shrimp Compatable

gaz gun man

Fish Addict
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
943
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kent, UK
hey guys

Before I get into some research, would a few shrimp be suitable for my tank?

Its a 125Ltr with;

10 scissortail rasboras
8 zebra danios
6 sterbai cories
2 pearl gourami

Are they likely to be attacked by any of those species? Is the stocking comfortable enough for them?

Gravel substrate and a fluval cannister filter.

Levels are always; 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite, 40ppm nitrate, 7.5 PH

currently switching over to live plants and I do 20% water changes a week.
 
hey guys

Before I get into some research, would a few shrimp be suitable for my tank?

Its a 125Ltr with;

10 scissortail rasboras
8 zebra danios
6 sterbai cories
2 pearl gourami

Are they likely to be attacked by any of those species? Is the stocking comfortable enough for them?

Gravel substrate and a fluval cannister filter.

Levels are always; 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite, 40ppm nitrate, 7.5 PH

currently switching over to live plants and I do 20% water changes a week.


with shrimp its a hit or a miss, i think overall theyre best in their own tanks.
 
Bigger shrimp like Amano or Bamboo would be ok but I think smaller shrimp like cherrys would end up as dinner for the Gourami's eventually.
 
tbh as long as you have enough hiding places cherry shrimp would be fine!! i have a couple in my tank with a Blue german ram and 4 decent size (around 5 or 6 inches) clownloach and they are fine!!
 
Ive had my amano with dwarf gourami's and rams for a while, no hint of trouble yet.
 
I've got Amano with Discus and they are not in the least bit interested in them - I'd imagine you'd be safe enough especially if the gouramis are well fed. I like your stocking sounds like a nice tank, got any pics?
 
I have yeah, but I've changed the tank around abit and just recently added a few live plants, so I havent got any upto date ones.

I'll dig the camera out now
 
old look;

DSC_3697.jpg


new look;

DSC_6710.jpg



I have some more plants on order, and some more bogwood, so its still a work in progress.
 
Excellent. Both set ups look great. Aren't they always a work in progress? I know mine are.
 
yeah true!!

I only have 10 live plants in at the moment, I have another 20 on order, which should bulk it out abit

cant wait for them to arrive
 

Most reactions

Back
Top