Shovelnose Catfish ~ Sorubim Lima

Team-ADS.com

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Well... its been a while since I have been on here. Things at work have kept me busy. I got some time today to clean the tank and decided to go to my LFS after I finally got a chance to really see how well my 2 shovelnose (Gigabyte & Terabyte) had cleaned out my tank. They did a damn good job. :lol:

So... after looking and realizing that I was down to 3 fish in my 55 I decided that I needed to repopulate the tank, as it had became dull. When I last posted on here a while back I had just gottem Gigabyte and Terabyte and they were approx 2 in. about 7 months ago I would say. Now, they are close to 8 inches. I love them so much I picked up my latest addition to the family another shovelnose that is named Petabyte (but is the smallest one, lol!). They are great and awesome to have!

Along with the mix now I have an Angelfish, Of course my Pleco, 6 Barbs (3 Yellow & 3 Red), and plenty of feeders at any given time. A great mix!

If you are ever thinking about these guys and have questions, look me up. I keep them at my office and they are very impressive and social with each other! Oustanding fish! Thank you to those who provided me with info 7 months ago, I have learned much since then. I appreciate your assistance!

I will soon have a Live Webcam in the tank that will be on my companies website. When that is up, be sure to check it out! I am probably getting a network cam with 0 lux needed so that it can be watched 24-7 of I will get one with infared on it. We will see. Anyways, If you have any questions about these guys, post them up!

Take care Ya'll!

Great fish arent they, ive been keeping sorubims for about 5 years now and i still never get bored with watching them.

They are great fish and when I have the room they will be one of the first fish I look out for. Just need to find yet another large tank.

Hey CCC & Ryan!

They are awesome, aren't they! We made it through the night and I think there are many more to come. I spent a few nights researching what I could put in there with these guys because they seem to have a rather large stomach! :D

I am also looking to get another tank. I really have been looking to get into a saltwater tank, but now with my new additions I am going to hold off as Petabyte (The smallest shovelnose at 2 in. and the newest) is so cute I can't help but watch him/her (who knows) with the 2 others. I also populated my tank with floating plants and they seem to love it! (As well as the feeders, go figure! ;) ) :rofl:

Anyways, I can't wait to get a cam on them! I will write off the cam as a business expense because it will be demonstrating the various uses of network (ip) cams! :whistle: :D

That way I can share the enjoyment of these guys! lol! My only concern since last night (But I have been told not to worry) is that the water have been a little cloudy with the new plants. I was told this was to be expected for a couple days, is it? (I am a newb to live plants). Well... Let me know! I appreciate any help as always!

Perhaps I will take some digi pics with my cam and post them up. We Will see... Catch ya'll Soon!

I removed the pics, compression was bad. I will post them when I can compress them. See Ya'll in a bit!

They are good times!

More words of wisdom for those who are looking to get into these guys... KEEP THEM WELL FEED!

You see, in my earlier post I had just repopulated my tank. My LFS has been out of feeders and expects them in between Tuesday and Thursday. I just noticed that Gigabyte was a little large around the stomach and I then noticed I was a Tinfoil Barb down!!!! :crazy:

I am a little upset, but I will replace him. :( If there are feeders in the tank, they can co-exist, but when they are hungry, their HUNGRY! :D

Anyways, may that barb Rest in Peace! :(

They are good times! :) They are my pride and joys! I love my Dinosaur eel too! They all make for a quite interesting, but functional mix.

Most reactions

Back