Should I Buy Another One?

gaz gun man

Fish Addict
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
943
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kent, UK
hey all

I have just bought my second tank, a 25L with a Rena i1 internal filter.
I plan to house 1 dawrf puffer in it, which I have read require good/over filtration.

My question is should I buy another Rena i1 for the tank?

From what I have found online, the Rena i1 is suitable for 50L tanks and does 300LPH.

I plan to do 50% water changes a week anyway (once cycled). would there be any benefit to having 2 filters running?
 
hey all

I have just bought my second tank, a 25L with a Rena i1 internal filter.
I plan to house 1 dawrf puffer in it, which I have read require good/over filtration.

My question is should I buy another Rena i1 for the tank?

From what I have found online, the Rena i1 is suitable for 50L tanks and does 300LPH.

I plan to do 50% water changes a week anyway (once cycled). would there be any benefit to having 2 filters running?

yes there is a benefit but for one dwarf puffer you shouldnt need it and 50% a week is far too much you should only do 10-20%max and do a good gravel vac if u want.
 
A second filter will give a redundant system, which is good.

You cannot do too many waterchanges. 50% a week should be fine :nod:
 
yeah I thought 50% because it is a small tank. so that + some good over filtration should = a happy puffer.

Puffers are messy fish and small tanks are harder to keep stable, so I thought 2 filters, and 50% Water changes should keep him happy.

Just wondered if I needed it or if 300lph in a 25L tank would be enough filtration for a puffer
 
rocknurworld, I have sand substrate, so a gravel vac might be hard.

I am going to feed 2/3 times a day, and a very very little amount, rather than 1 bigger feed per day, to ensure as much food as possible goes into my puffer and not into the sand.

I thought about 30% water changes, but as I read puffers like over filtration and good quality clean water, and they're messy - then 50% would be better.

I already have a spare heater to warm the new water to the same temp as the tank
 
rocknurworld, I have sand substrate, so a gravel vac might be hard.

I am going to feed 2/3 times a day, and a very very little amount, rather than 1 bigger feed per day, to ensure as much food as possible goes into my puffer and not into the sand.

I thought about 30% water changes, but as I read puffers like over filtration and good quality clean water, and they're messy - then 50% would be better.

I already have a spare heater to warm the new water to the same temp as the tank

300lph is fine

u can siphon the top of sand as u would gravel to remove waste without any problems
]
and i still think 50% a week is a bit too much.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top