Sharing Some Good News For A Change :)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Posted a few depressive threads recently, as I battled depression for 2 months due to my quest in vain to attempt to understand a 16 year old girl and the cruel word we live in :lol: But before all this started in December, I got some really good and positive news, and it's one of the things that helped me to escape depression and I feel quite guilty for even being depressed with all the things I'm lucky to have. I've mentioned this briefly in some of my articles but I thought I'd come and post about it directly.

I'm going to be one of the London 2012 Olympics Torchbearers (a.k.a. 'future flames') :D I'll be participating in the torch relay, which travels 8000 miles around the country with 8000 people involved, chosen from nominations by a judging panel. Each nominee had a 1 in 11 chance of being selected. We get to run 300 metres or so each, in our local area, between 7am-7pm, with about 115 torchbearers having slots on each day. I will be running with it on Tuesday the 29th May, when the torch travels from Beaumaris to Chester. I'm local to Chester so I'd imagine I'll be running with it there. There's an evening celebration in most of the towns where the torch arrives for the day, so the last torchbearer of the day brings this in to the 2 hour staged show. I hope I get that honour!

It will be a huge day for me, I was very shocked when I found out, then elated it, and I'm now very nervous/excited. Having thousands of people watching me run will be mental! I may get to keep my torch afterwards, and I know for sure that I get to keep my olympic uniform and get a proper certificate too :) But best of all, I get the experience of a lifetime and for that I am very very grateful! :)

Wow! I hope its a great day. Sorry to hear about your depression several people close to me have had the same and I know its horrible, one of my best friends has felt that way since year eight and now (year 11) shes only just getting better. Good luck in your run am sure it will be amazing x

awesome. just dont drop it :p
That's my biggest worry! :lol:

Wow! I hope its a great day. Sorry to hear about your depression several people close to me have had the same and I know its horrible, one of my best friends has felt that way since year eight and now (year 11) shes only just getting better. Good luck in your run am sure it will be amazing x

Thanks! And it's okay, I'm on the mend now, I know I'm not the only one my age with it, and I'm trying to help others on their way to recovery. Glad to hear your friend is getting better.

Most reactions

Back