Sexing Albino Kribs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

soybean

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Saw some lovely albino kribs in an MA yesterday. Never seen them in real life before. Usually when staring in a tank of cichlids I like to play spot the boss but these all looked the same to me :lol: friend was interested in getting some though, any tips on sexing them compared to the regular ones?

Saw some lovely albino kribs in an MA yesterday. Never seen them in real life before. Usually when staring in a tank of cichlids I like to play spot the boss but these all looked the same to me :lol: friend was interested in getting some though, any tips on sexing them compared to the regular ones?

nope exactly the same as common kribensis

heres my breeding pair

if your interested in albinos then ive got some youngsters growing on from there 1st spawning

Aha,I spot a pink belly. The ones I saw were all totally white, couldn't tell at all! Perhaps I'll have a better look if we go back this weekend. They're on the wish list for me as I'm a bit overstocked as it is, but I definitely prefer them to the coloured version already.

Aha,I spot a pink belly. The ones I saw were all totally white, couldn't tell at all! Perhaps I'll have a better look if we go back this weekend. They're on the wish list for me as I'm a bit overstocked as it is, but I definitely prefer them to the coloured version already.

with sexing kribensis its always very easy the males are longer and have a spade shaped Caudal Fin and the dorsal and anal fins are more elongated where as the females are smaller, rounder, rounded Caudal Fin which none of the fins are elongated and as you spotted if in breeding condition has a pink belly lol

Most reactions

Back