Seasonal Menu

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Miss Wiggle

Practically perfect in every way
Reaction score
well i'm sure most of you know that food particularly things like fresh veg taste so much nicer when they are in season, even had strawberries in winter and been really dissapointed? Generally it's because of artiicial growing methods.

So in the spirit of encouraging people to eat veggies when they are in season post up your seasonal menu's

last night we had trout with jersey royals and asparagus, was absolutely gorgeous and dead simple.

3 tier steamer, put the spuds boiling in the bottom one, they taken 15-20 mins total
after 5 mins put the trout fillets in the basket above them, just a little bit of salt and pepper is needed, the flavour is lovely just by itself
after 5 mins put the asparagus in the top tier
cook for 5 mins more

melt some butter in a saucepan and fry off a little garlic in it and add some chopped parsley

dish up and drizzle the herby garlic butter over everything.

one of the quickest easiest nicest dinners i've done in ages :good:

i had a micromeal, do you wanna come cook for me ;)

unfortunately when you nad your other half are in full time work and both doing degrees at college and have a 15 year old daughter there isnt a lot of time for cooking etc :) poor poor me :(

awwwwwwwwww

me and my other half both work full time, he leaves the house at 6am and isn't home until 6pm usually, he works 6 days a week, we've got 5 fish tanks, 2 cats and are renovating the house, time is one thing we do not have, but we couldn't lead the lifestyle we do without getting proper nutrition we'd both be suffering from exhaustion pretty quickly. I can't cook prooper meals everynight but i do try to make sure we've got something decent maybe 4 nights a week.

not knocking you though, i know it's hard to find the time to eat properly sometimes, but i've also been on the other end and seen how poorly you can get from not taking proper care of your body

i know your not knocking me, i just wanted to whine, it helps to vent sometimes. lifes always busy, but fun :)

i know your not knocking me, i just wanted to whine, it helps to vent sometimes. lifes always busy, but fun :)

he he yeah definately, winge away, goodness knows i do it enough :rolleyes: :D

Mmmm! Sounds good. We had some food recently that was particular to summer too. We were able to pick up some sweet pitless watermellons for only 3 dollars! So that was dessert. We had a cherry tomato salad, grilled asparagus and zuccinni for a veggie, some really nice beef that was REALLY fresh. That and a couple of weeks ago a bakery opens up in the summer with some olive oil bread. So basically now that I said everything in a blob :lol: .....

Cherry Tomato Salad
Grilled Asparagus, Zuccinni
Filet Mignon
Olive Oil Bread
Watermellon

Didn't need a stove or oven. Everything that needed cooking was right on the grill. :nod: Watermellon was juicey too.

Im going to have to try out the steaming method with the veggies Miss Wiggle.

PS: Uhm...what is a micromeal?

You can knock a really decent vegetarian stir fry with spring, summer and autum veg and fruits like spring onions, peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic and ginger, pak choi, chinese cabbage, bean sprouts etc etc... :thumbs: . Also there's loads of fruit salad combos and smoothies you can do as well.

edit: Don't forget jam as well, its pretty simple to make and there are loads of jams you can do with summer fruits like strawberry, rasberry, blackberry, blueberry, red currents etc jams :thumbs: .

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back