Seapets Colchester

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
6,879
Reaction score
8
Points
0
Location
GB
saw a thread on here the other day from a member called paul mts and at the bottom it says awesom fish now at seapets colchester . as i liv in colchester i thought i would check it out. have to say i was well impressed with what i found. they have kribs rams keyhole cichlids various other cichlids some truly gorgeous red tiger oscars various L numbers loaches some unusual catfish amazing inverts and even a few oddballs.

if you live in or near colchester and appreciate your fish go give them a look.

i have had a couple of kribs from there and they are great

keep up the good work paul and ps if you fancy giving me some free fish for the plug i dont mind lol!!!
 
saw a thread on here the other day from a member called paul mts and at the bottom it says awesom fish now at seapets colchester . as i liv in colchester i thought i would check it out. have to say i was well impressed with what i found. they have kribs rams keyhole cichlids various other cichlids some truly gorgeous red tiger oscars various L numbers loaches some unusual catfish amazing inverts and even a few oddballs.

if you live in or near colchester and appreciate your fish go give them a look.

i have had a couple of kribs from there and they are great

keep up the good work paul and ps if you fancy giving me some free fish for the plug i dont mind lol!!!


I have to say i used to go in seapets every week for years, mainly for live food, and their stock was very poor, havent been in there for a year or so i must admit so maybe theyve had a revamp, ill check them out, theyve had always had a good selection but not found the quality. di
 
Seapets are good, the only problem I encountered with them was the delivery, it took over 2weeks for them to deliver a tank and it wasn't like it had to be specially made or anything, it was in stock and on the day of the delivery the driver phoned me up asking where South London was :unsure: a delivery driver in Essex that doesn't know where South London is.... Otherwise though the tank was superb and they were helpful with everything.
 
I bought an Aquarium from seapets last Saturday, from their website. Although I think that the communication by e-mail could be improved (only one 'order received' mail, perhaps a order confirmed, order delivery date would be good?) the telephone dealings I've had with the staff have been very good. They even rushed the order out to get here Friday, co-inciding with a day working from home I had arranged.

Very Good Seapet, just looking forward to seeing our not-unattractive post lady bringing my tank tomorrow now!
 
I'm afraid I can't comment on the internet team, I don't have a clue what goes on in those offices.

Thanks very much for the post Matt, great to hear to were happy with your fish.

And yes fishy feet, I totally agree with you, I completely steered clear of Seapets for the past few years, quality was rubbish. But thats down to the last fish house manager being a spanner! For the first month or 2 when I started I was picking up the pieces from the mess he left, took ages to get it disease free and running well.

Would be great to get rid of the Deadpets reputation for the fish house!
 
i can put my 2 pence in here...i had to listen to Paul whine about the old manager for weeks, the diseases, poor fish and generally crap stuff....can only get better imo.
 
All I would say is that virtually all people who post on here care about the fish they are keeping.

Ergo if you are looking after a fish house AND posting on here, as an enthusiast, things can only be good/ be getting better in the fish house.

Good Stuff!
 
I used there website to order a new cabinet for my tank , it had arrived within three days. I carnt knock them so well done Seapets :good:
 
I used there website to order a new cabinet for my tank , it had arrived within three days. I carnt knock them so well done Seapets :good:

Yeah I ordered dry goods from them, fast delivery, great communication cant knock them...

beware of the fish house manager he is an evil man :P
 
I'm afraid I can't comment on the internet team, I don't have a clue what goes on in those offices.

Thanks very much for the post Matt, great to hear to were happy with your fish.

And yes fishy feet, I totally agree with you, I completely steered clear of Seapets for the past few years, quality was rubbish. But thats down to the last fish house manager being a spanner! For the first month or 2 when I started I was picking up the pieces from the mess he left, took ages to get it disease free and running well.

Would be great to get rid of the Deadpets reputation for the fish house!


Thats the best news ive had for ages as its my local and on odd times when i was tempted to get fish from seapets they either died the next day or so or/and infected my tank with disease, although ive brought all my tanks from their, you cant fault them on price for dry good, i have always wished they would buy quality fish even if they had to charge a bit more, i used to be gutted at the state of the fish stock. I think i have spoken to you before paul either here or on another forum maybe you names familiar ? Im looking for some german and bolivian rams, let me know if youre likely to be stocking any and i may pop in and give you my opinion although it will be an honest one. di
 
Hey there,

Yer I' on a few fishy and reptile forums so you may well of spotted me somewhere else.

I currently have some small rams in quarantine out back as they came in with spot unfortunately. So soon as there well again they'll be up for sale.
 
Hey there,

Yer I' on a few fishy and reptile forums so you may well of spotted me somewhere else.

I currently have some small rams in quarantine out back as they came in with spot unfortunately. So soon as there well again they'll be up for sale.


thanks paul, ill pop in and have a look at them then, di
 

Most reactions

Back
Top