Sea monkeys/ brine Shrimp

ferrikins

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Salisbury, Wiltshire UK
I balt myself one of those kiddy kits, for brine shrimp (have a link if people need to know what one and type.) I followed the instrutions, got my bottled water, rinced the little tank filled, put the purrifier in and waited 24 hours.

tonight I added the eggs as it says in the booklet, and it said it will take a few minets, well that was almost an hour ago.


Am I being to inpationt?? :look:

Or is there something the booklet not telling me?? :dunno:

Or am I just blind??? :huh:


thanks
 
hmmm... the website doesnt say anything about time or how long you should leave it. you never know they might be hatched when you wake up in the morning. are you airating the container?
 
No, no Airtration. Did'nt know it would be needed. Gosh things are never as straight forward as ya think.


anyway thanks for your help. Realy must sleep now, getting on for 5:30am here.

night :zz
 
I went to the website and it's worth it just to have the sea monkey follow the mouse around in the home page ahaha!!!
 
It should be on the home page, it's a fast little sea monkey...
 
in the past I've bought 2 or 3 of those little see monkey kits for my kids and never rwlly sucseeded with them.

recently got some eggs and salt from the lfs

put them in an old pop bottle with the required salt solution and an air line and now I'm getting as many as i need.

they need to be kept quite warm, but putting them next to a lamp is enough and they do take 24 to 36 hours usually to hatch.

you can take the air line out as soon as they've hatched and move it to the next bottle so you've got a fresh supply every two days or even divide the air line and have more than one lot going at the same time.

hope this help
 
I think the 24 hour wait refers to AFTER adding the eggs -- meaning they take 24 hours to hatch. You need salt, aeration and light for them to hatch.
 
Kittycat said:
I think the 24 hour wait refers to AFTER adding the eggs -- meaning they take 24 hours to hatch. You need salt, aeration and light for them to hatch.
I just put my lamp over them, and WE havw LIFE, :D

can only see 4 little white specks, but hay it a start. :D
 
Oh my god, this is SO weird.

I JUST bought seamonkeys like 4 days ago, and when i put the little eggs/powder packet in, i waited a whole day and didn't see any seamonkeys being "born." When i woke up the next day they were there finally, but i have to say, i remembered them being a lot more awesome than this. They look like little swimming peices of sand and you can barely see them. Not the most fun pet in the world, huh. How weird is that though that we both bought seamonkeys at the same time, and both had the problem with them not hatching right away???

i wish the sea monkeys looked like the cartoon seamonkeys on the box. They look like little pink people with three prongs on their heads and a tail with like a flipper thing on the end. I was expecting better.... :/
 
I actually have a sort of sea monkey puppet, you squeeze this air pump thingy and his head and tail whip back and forth, he's wearing some hawiian shirt...
 
I have had sea monkeys a countless amount of times i really like them,
They DO NOT hatch straight away! what a load of rubbish "instant life" it takes around a week sometimes! they do look like little grains, however they grow pretty rapidly, i had these before i started on buying fish equipment, a fair few years ago havent had sea monkeys in ages now.
Mine never needed "salt" or a heater!

I stayed to my beliefs the very first time i had them, my mum thought they were rubbish ... but i did get life n she believed in them then!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top