Scratch On Tank Glass :(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
was doing the routine maintenance on my tank and noticed a small scratch on the front of the tank, its on the inside, at first I presumed it was a hair stuck on the glass but when I reached in to rub it off it wouldn't come off, so yeah its pretty small only on the surface of the glass and is about an inch to 2 inch long, please tell me this isn't going to lead to any problems ?

might have been from when I was scaping the tank and must of bumped the glass with something without noticing when I was putting it in, hope it doesn't get any bigger though :/

Don't stress, your fish will still love you if you feed them and keep their water good. :) 

Oh no how frustrating!!

I have LOADS of scratches on mine, but hen I have had the tank over 12 years so I am we'll due an upgrade, funds and space permitting!

Just take extra care from now on - just a thought - could you turn the tank around if its really bothering you? I wish I could with mine but its bow fronted. If you have a rectangular sized tank it may be an option?

I wish I had only one tiny scratch! After I installed my used 55g and got it all filled up .... that's when I realized I should have had it turned around. Loads of scratches. The one reason I'd get a brand-new one. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

thanks for the replys people :), not as worried now, I don't think I need to turn my tank around yet, its not noticeable unless up close, I was just worried that it might get bigger but im sure now it'll be fine :)

This Old Spouse said:
I wish I had only one tiny scratch! After I installed my used 55g and got it all filled up .... that's when I realized I should have had it turned around. Loads of scratches. The one reason I'd get a brand-new one. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Don't be a wuss, that's only what... 400kg? Just pick it up and turn it around! :p

No problem! 
rofl.gif

Most reactions

trending

Back