LauraB
New Member
Hey guys,
I have changed from gravel to sand for my new aquarium which is 5ft x 1.5ft x 2ft (length,width,height)
I have put 3 inches in. I know i will have to agitate it but how often? and do i need to agitate the sand underneath the ornaments?
My fish are.. 1 x Common plec (11 inches) 1 x Dennison barb (6 inches) 4x Bolivian Rams (1.5-2 inches) 4x scissor tail barbs (1.5-2 inches) and 3x black widdow Tetras (1.5 ish inches)
The out take pipe is 3inches higher than the sand, but i was wondering if the sand is too high?
The fish have not moved in yet and is cycling, so i have a few weeks to play with it, i was just wondering what other people have? and what you do for the maintenance side of things? and how should i look after it?
What will plec do with the sand? giggles i can just picture a mountain of sand
because i have a plec do you think i should make the sand shallower? or keep it 3 inches?
Thank you
Laura B
I have changed from gravel to sand for my new aquarium which is 5ft x 1.5ft x 2ft (length,width,height)
I have put 3 inches in. I know i will have to agitate it but how often? and do i need to agitate the sand underneath the ornaments?
My fish are.. 1 x Common plec (11 inches) 1 x Dennison barb (6 inches) 4x Bolivian Rams (1.5-2 inches) 4x scissor tail barbs (1.5-2 inches) and 3x black widdow Tetras (1.5 ish inches)
The out take pipe is 3inches higher than the sand, but i was wondering if the sand is too high?
The fish have not moved in yet and is cycling, so i have a few weeks to play with it, i was just wondering what other people have? and what you do for the maintenance side of things? and how should i look after it?
What will plec do with the sand? giggles i can just picture a mountain of sand
because i have a plec do you think i should make the sand shallower? or keep it 3 inches?Thank you
Laura B
) he never done anything to the sand apart from uprooting my plants









