Safe To Feed Fish Earthworms From The Backyard?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
i would say NO because you never know what chemicals the worms have come across which then could be passed on to your fish and then they could die, and you dont want that do you? :no:

buy bloodworm, my uncles angel fish love that :nod:

i heard you could but i would be careful maybe you should get a smaller tank and fill it with soil keep digging in leaves as food and keep the earth worms in there for a while this will help ensure that they havent come into contact with the chemicals
also if you soak an old towel in water and layit across you lawn they come to the top within a couple of hours

Good info I will try to culture them safely. First, by removing the soil and put paper and plant matter and hopefully this will lessen the chemicals.

When I was breeding geophogus, I would have gone broke if it wasn't for using live earthworms. I only use the ones from my own organic compost heap, and rinse them well first. Bettas love the tiny ones, lol.

this may sound weird, but some1 i know feeds there neons ants! and theve been alive for 2years now! but he feeds them flake as well..lol! :p

you shoulds only feed ant eggs

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back