River Reef 94 Setup Advice

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Tony_essex

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello all not sure if this is in right place but here goes :)

My names tony been keeping tropical tanks for 10 years but now decided to go for a small marine setup the setup im gettin is the River reef 94l

been lookin last few days over the tinternet at what extras/upgrades ppl do with this tank setup and just wondered any advice or other things i can do and what other thinsg i will need to run the tank day to day

Extra/upgrade bits i goin to buy before i get tank

refractometer

wg310 skimmer

Koralia Nano

Salifert kit

h2o salt

what else can ppl advice ?

im goin to use LPS RO water to set up tank and if its good stuff will probley use this for weekly water changes im looking at 10kgs of live rock but what sand do ppl recommend ? is it worth upgradein the heater and powerheads that come with the tank ? also is the filer media that comes with it any good as seen some stick with it some change

also would like to split the lights up so i can put them on timers seen somewhere this can be done but not found any info on it

thank you for any help or advice and look forward to gettin my tank :)

Tony

Have a little read of Lewis' guide :good:

Did you see my post re the tank? My colleague is considering selling his, I can let him know if you are interested - He is in Southend, that is if you are from Essex and not called Essex :p

Seffie x

:D hey Seffie no i didnt see your post about tank where was it lol ? yes ill be intrested and im in southend 2 :) and no my names not essex lol :p

also do ypu have a link to lewis guide ?

thanks tony

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/360290-simple-tank-setup-beginners-guide/

Here it is, sorry, had intended to put it in the other post :blush:

My colleague is in Southend, its a small world! He has the River Reef, live rock and some fish - he could probably rehome the fish if you didnt want them. I expect he will have a few other bits as well, like water containers etc, I dont know exactly what he has, but asked him this afternoon if he wanted to sell or had he decided to keep (I was going to look after it for him) - he has sold his flat and cant take it with him for a good few months, which is a real shame, but he said, yes if an offer came along he would sell.

Anyways, I ramble on.........do you want to pm me your email address and I can get him to put together a list and price he is looking for, you might like to consider what sort of price you would like to pay and haggle a little :unsure:

Seffie x

ps you need to hit 10 posts before you can pm, so get posting :p

hello Seffie

ill take a look at the topic later thank you

and thank you for asking him i would be intrested for sure in everything he has apart from fish tho may take them aswell so wheres the tank now ? i think i can send messages now so will send u my email and if you can do as you said and get him to work out a price and list everything he got :)

nearly bought 1 sunday with loads with it and it was good price but decided against it but may change my mind with this one :D

Thanks tony

Cool, he is a Head of Year 11 at school, its thier leaving day today, so he is a bit busy! let me know if he hasnt got back to you in a few days.

I cant remember what fish he has except for a pair of clowns (that he loves) and a midas blenny - I could put the blenny in my tank though, wouldnt be a problem - oh think he also has a dottyback, cant remember which one though!

Seffie x

thank u again hun not heard yet but will let u no over weekend if he dont reply

Tony

well spent the day fishy shop shopping didnt buy anything but had a look at 3 lfs with marine fish not to far from me so could see prices of fish live rock test kits corals etc and 1 of the shops did lot of second hand stuff at not bad prices so could be helpfull to me , just waitin for 1 email about a tank setup that someone might have for sale thanks to seffie :)

also looks like ive got to buy the misses a new tank for her goldfish and she not happy my tank will be bigger then hers lol

tony

Let me guess.........you have been to: wickford aquatics :p, Swallows and......MMmmmmmm, Pets at home or maybe tugs tanks

SEffie x

lol was u following me seffie ?? well did swallows first but am not sure about gettin fish from here as had both tropical and even coldwater fish die soon after gettin them from here before but had a good look around but didnt see if they did water for marine ?

then went to what i think was wickford aquatics never been here before but friend told me about it last week bit crammed but had some nice corals and secondhand bits if there was a river reef i would of got it lol i did see they had water in 25l bottles ready to go i think but didnt look at how much

then on way home went to pets at home over at airport myself am very unsure about buyin fish from here but they did have some really nice choices of fish that all looked very heathly and come nice corals at good prices

didnt do tugs today but i know the shop very well as used it since it first opened with the first owner would be my very local shop aswell but not been in there for about 3 years since i last had a tropical tank so will pop in next weekend to see what the lads have now and if they do RO water

what do you think fo the above shops seffie have u used any for fish,corals , water ?

tony :)

p.s your friend emailed me yesterday but didnt really tell me what he had with it or what he was after for it lol just he had come live rock 2 clowns and few cuc lol but have messaged back for me info and price he thinkin of , he did say i could have a look aswell tho

lol was u following me seffie ?? well did swallows first but am not sure about gettin fish from here as had both tropical and even coldwater fish die soon after gettin them from here before but had a good look around but didnt see if they did water for marine ?

Seffie stalking..........now that is a scary thought :blink: I dont buy anything but dried goods from Swallows for exactly the same reason. They do sell ro water, but its to be avoided imo!

then went to what i think was wickford aquatics never been here before but friend told me about it last week bit crammed but had some nice corals and secondhand bits if there was a river reef i would of got it lol i did see they had water in 25l bottles ready to go i think but didnt look at how much

Yep, its an improving shop, but not the greatest, their tanks are full of aiptaisia! I am happy to buy live stock from them however, water is good, ive tested it :lol:

then on way home went to pets at home over at airport myself am very unsure about buyin fish from here but they did have some really nice choices of fish that all looked very heathly and come nice corals at good prices

Corals at good prices, is the sale still on? If you want water get it from here, top quality and sg is 1.026 :good: there are three chaps in there that really know their stuff and will order things in for you, Mark the Manager, Geoff and the other older chap, oh his name escapes me :blush: Corals ae usually very expensive....... but then i no longer buy coral from shops!

didnt do tugs today but i know the shop very well as used it since it first opened with the first owner would be my very local shop aswell but not been in there for about 3 years since i last had a tropical tank so will pop in next weekend to see what the lads have now and if they do RO water

Very small stock, but again will order in for you :good: and nice chap

p.s your friend emailed me yesterday but didnt really tell me what he had with it or what he was after for it lol just he had come live rock 2 clowns and few cuc lol but have messaged back for me info and price he thinkin of , he did say i could have a look aswell tho

I dont think he knows how much :p - you should just go round and have a chat, he is a really nice guy :p

If you want to do a short drive, Crews hill near ilford has about three marine shops :good: and there are some really good shops in driving distance of dartford bridge

thanks for the info seffie its nice to have a friendly local who can help out with things like this , how much is the pets at home ro water ? do they have it ready anytime or have to order ?

they still had sale on in pets at home so will check prices on coral next time

ill wait for your friend to message me back and may pop round 1 night in week to see the tank setup only wanted to no what he had so i could work out what else ill have to spend out on to run the tank

are the shops near crews hill open sundays if so that could be my next sunday trip :) ill see if i can find them on google later, but ill be checkin behind me to see if your followin me again lol

Tony :D

thanks for the info seffie its nice to have a friendly local who can help out with things like this , how much is the pets at home ro water ? do they have it ready anytime or have to order ?

Good question, Trod my sister bought 100 litres a while ago, salted, think it was £20

ill wait for your friend to message me back and may pop round 1 night in week to see the tank setup only wanted to no what he had so i could work out what else ill have to spend out on to run the tank

Good idea

are the shops near crews hill open sundays if so that could be my next sunday trip :) ill see if i can find them on google later, but ill be checkin behind me to see if your followin me again lol

yes they are open on weekends, :ninja: but you wont see me :p

Amwells in Epping is good as well, for a round trip with crews hill :p

may sound thick but does Ro come ready to go in tank then ? for some reason i thinkin you still have to add salt ?

will look in to the shops around there then and drag other half and baby out sunday :)

where do you buy your corals then if you dont mind me askin

Thanks Tony :)

may sound thick but does Ro come ready to go in tank then ? for some reason i thinkin you still have to add salt ?

Not thick at all - you can buy ro salted or unsalted, sounds like crisps :good:

where do you buy your corals then if you dont mind me askin

I will pm you

Most reactions

Back