FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi all

I currently have 3 pregnant females, 2 of them are ready to deliver within days but I can’t seem to catch them to move to a separate tank. Any ideas?

If you have plants/ moss you could leave them in the tank then remove the fry, less stress for the pregnant fish?
If you have to net fish, place a large net facing the corner of the tank then use a small net to slowly herd the fish into the corner. When it turns to get out of the corner it will swim into the big net. Place the big net against the glass to trap the fish. Then slowly lift it out.
I learnt this from a YouTube video by Cory from aquariumcoop and it works really well!

When moving pregnant livebearers from the tank, put a container in the tank and lift it out with the net inside and keep the net in the container of water as you carry it. This stops the female being pressed against the net while it's out of water which can damage both the female and the unborn fry.

When moving pregnant livebearers from the tank, put a container in the tank and lift it out with the net inside and keep the net in the container of water as you carry it. This stops the female being pressed against the net while it's out of water which can damage both the female and the unborn fry.

thank you will do this

Most reactions

trending

Back