Red Tailed Shark

Guinness

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Oxford, UK
Help

What do I do about my RTS. He was my first fish, when I came back into fishkeeping about 2 years ago. I knew that he would grow big, as I have kept them many years ago, but he really will have to go, as he is so aggresive.(can't remember having any problems with the old ones I kept)

He has outgrown every tank I have had him in, now in a 70G, with various killis, tetras, 2 rams & a few plecs. Have one Gourami who he just bullies constantly. He is such a handsome fish, but I can't let the others be bullied any longer.

He must be about 7inches long now. If I had bought him from a LFS I would take him back, but bought him online from a great supplier, but they don't do returns after 2 years.

I do have a small (20G) tank that is sitting around doing nothing, but he is just too big for that.

Any suggestions ?

Free home for anyone in the area BTW.
 
Looks like you'll either have to rehome the fish he picks on or rehome the shark- i'm sorry i can't take him off your hands though, i already adopted someone elses Red Tailed Black Shark some years back (he's not too aggressive though, just grumpy). How planted is the tank?
 
Heavily planted. That is my first love, I just adore my planted tanks, the fish almost come as an extra, but he is such a handsome fish that I love him to bits.

He will have to go in preference to the others though. They all get on so well, couldn't break them up.
 
BB

Have you ever come across a RTS that would pose for a photo ??

Mine bullies after lights out & is in the back, in his cave, when lights are on.

Suffice to say- he is a 7 incher with attitude :good:
 
A fish store may still take it back even if you didn't buy it from them. i return fish to stores I didn't buy them from. It is also the same as returning babies to a store even if you bred them yourself.
 
A fish store may still take it back even if you didn't buy it from them. i return fish to stores I didn't buy them from. It is also the same as returning babies to a store even if you bred them yourself.
I agree Petco has been the best that I can attest to, they have taken almost every fish I brought to them that is if they have the room.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top