Rare Mosses

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

a1matt

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Mosses and liverworts for sale, more to follow.
Some of them ain't cheap as I know how rare they are.
Some are straight from collector to hobbyist, and not commercially available.

Plants: unknown mini moss (unknown scientific name, origin unknown, I got from Germany) SOLD
Quantity for sale: apprx 3 portions 1 portion left
Delivery or Collection: delivery
Sales price: £5
Postage & Packaging: Free (£1 for recorded)
photograph: http://www.a1matt.co.uk/phpAlbum/main.php?cmd=image&var1=forums%2Fsales%2Fphone+1887.jpg&var2=500_85

Plants: crescend moss (Drepanocladus aduncus) SOLD
Quantity for sale: apprx 2 portions 1 left

Plants: mini spiky moss SOLD
Incredibly slow grower, and it is a miniature moss, so do not expect a monster size portion. Having said that, this portion is still triple any that I have seen elsewhere.
Very nice moss this one. first time I have had enough to sell it in a couple of years.
Quantity for sale: 1 portion
Sales price: £10

Plants: wirror moss (from Japan, unknown scientific name) SOLD
Quantity for sale: apprx 3 portions 2 1 portion left

Plants: vesicularia sp. SOLD
(looks like 'nanbei moss'. I say looks like as I take great care to keep my mosses separate so that I can give out names with confidence, but everyone so often one hitches a ride in another tank or pot.)

Plants: mini xmas moss SOLD
An even slower grower, and even more miniature moss.
Possibly the first time this moss has been made available in the UK.
on mesh 7cm x 9cm, with good coverage.
Sales price: £20

Plants: giant willow moss SOLD (Fontinalis antipyretica 'giant'. Native to England)
Quantity for sale: apprx 2 portions
Sales price: £3

not interested in buying. (seems to expensive to me)
but do you have any pics? ... iv never heard of small versions of theses moss's

I don't have any pics.

The price reflects the rarity and slow growth of the mosses. Mainly the slow growth though.
Faster growing mosses will be advertised at a lower price.

could you take some pics? and do they grow faster emersesed?

google search and i found this... is it the same moss? because it seems a lot cheaper

That is the same moss (mini spiky). Having seen the size of the portions they sell, I can confidently stand by my pricing as my portion is larger. About 3 times larger. I've nothing against their portions by the way. Their shrimp are good quality too :)

I've never tried them emersed.

Sorry, I do not want to spend any of my time taking pics at the moment.

all right no problem =] just interested in the moss's

Tip for you if you will. I was interested in these, i think you will find most people will want to see what their buying when spending £20 on moss (as in actual pic), if you dont want spend your time taking pics you will find alot people dont want to spend their money with you :good:

Edit:spelling

Tip for you if you will. I was interested in these, i think you will find most people will want to see what their buying when spending £20 on moss (as in actual pic), if you dont want spend your time taking pics you will find alot people dont want to spend their money with you :good:

Edit:spelling

+1. I read this post and got to the bit where it said "I don't want to spend my time....." Translation: I wan't your money but can't be bothered to give you any service, LOL. If you went into a fish shop and bought a plant you would look at it right ? Not really any different on here. Just my humble opinion. I'm sure you are busy but hey, 5 mins is all it takes:) Best of luck.

I appreciate the comments regarding pictures. I really do. Unfortunately, at the moment I am pretty busy juggling a lot of things, and if I take pics the time it takes will prevent me listing other items. If things calm down, I will add in pics of what is left.

The mini xmas is now sold.
Mini spiky still available.

Just added some more mosses to the first post:

wirror moss (from Japan, unknown scientific name)- £5
giant willow moss (Fontinalis antipyretica 'giant'. Native to England) - £3
crescend moss (Drepanocladus aduncus) - £5
unknown mini moss (unknown scientific name, origin unknown, I got from Germany) - £5

um taking a pic and uploading should take you about 3 min as there not a moving target. If your not pc lit give me a shout ill upload them for you best of luck :good:

got any pics of them? i might be interested if i could see them.

I already had a pic of the German mini moss, so added a link to that in the first post.

Hi, would you be willing to do a portion of Giant Willow Moss for £2?

£3 is pretty cheap already (bear in mind postage and paypal fees come out of the original payment already).

I am happy to do discounts for multiple mosses though.

Added one more to the first post.

Plants: vesicularia sp. (looks like 'nanbei moss'. I say looks like as I take great care to keep my mosses separate so that I can give out names with confidence, but everyone so often one hitches a ride in another tank or pot.)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back