Rainbow ID Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

livelifelow

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I purchased a pair of rainbowfish (store only had 2 of the type), hoping to find out what they were and buy more. Long story short, I got a lesson on the value of quarantine, and am now ready to buy the rest of the school for my remaining rainbowfish. Would anyone happen to be able to id it? I've tried looking online, but everywhere shows pictures of colored up rainbows and mine has not. It's got a bright blue streak at the top, gold-yellow above the black midline stripe, and silver below. For some reason the forum is saying that the image isn't able to be uploaded for size reasons, which I don't understand since I've been able to upload other images from my phone...

I was also wondering, will different types of rainbows school together? When I do get the rest of the school, should I put my current rainbow in the quarantine with them? Does the comfort of being in a school outweigh the potential risks of being infected with something shortly after recovering from ich?

Thank you all for the help!

Rather vague description. Telmatherina ladigesi perhaps? Commonly known as the Celebes Rainbow.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back