Quick Oscar Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ethos

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Is it ok to feed oscers freeze-dried shrimp for a meal? I've heard of usuing it only as a snack, or treat..

My staple food for them are cichlid-sticks, but once in a while I feed them the shrimp.

Feeding freeze-dried wont hurt your fish. I switch up my cichlids with giving pellets, free-dried bloodworms, shrimp and occasionally flake. they will also go for the algae wafers I put in for my pleco. They will and can eat almost anything that naturally would occur in their environment. I would steer away from insects and many feeder fish as they may catch an insect on the surface of the water maybe once in a great while and most of the feeder breeds would never come in contact with cichlids in the wild. So almost anything that isnt too hard to digest and break-up like snails are ok as long they naturally occur in it's habitat. That's the rule I try to stick to with all my fish.

You can feed Oscars absolutly anything, they are the greediest, messiest and the most unfussy eaters in the fish world. I've never tried freezed dried foods, but I'm sure he'll wolf it down.

When I feed my Oscar I give him food that floats, Nutrafin Spirulina Sticks he loves them, then I feed the other fish with sinking foods so everyone gets their share.

Most reactions

trending

Back