Quetzel Texas Cross?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Reaction score
Hi

I have just had my Quetzel Cichlid cross breed with a Texas Cichlid and im wondering will the fry be a strain of Flowerhorn and what type they would be eggs were layed midday Sunday so should hatch on weds or Friday cant wait to see what they look like does anyone know what they might turn out like.

ThomasBrianCharlesWalker said:
Hi

I have just had my Quetzel Cichlid cross breed with a Texas Cichlid and im wondering will the fry be a strain of Flowerhorn and what type they would be eggs were layed midday Sunday so should hatch on weds or Friday cant wait to see what they look like does anyone know what they might turn out like.
Id say that most of the fry will be sterile. 

No they wont turn into a breed of flowerhorn since flowerhorns came from trimacs and midas cichlids

I dont know what they will look like. most probably like a red parrot or something.

And it depends if the parents eat the eggs or not

DerpPH said:

Hi

Id say that most of the fry will be sterile. 

No they wont turn into a breed of flowerhorn since flowerhorns came from trimacs and midas cichlids

I dont know what they will look like. most probably like a red parrot or something.
And it depends if the parents eat the eggs or not

No one truly knows where Flowerhorns came from so these could turn into a strain of Flowerhorn.

Would like to see picture but agree that they will most likely all be sterile as more hybrids are.

Thanks i will let you know what they turn out to be and will post i picture as soon as they are big enough to tell.

flowerhorns also come from Carpintis/Texas, and Syns for color and pearls.
Midas, Trimac, RD for shape. There's no mystical lost recipe, just careful hybridization and line breeding.
Your average person doesn't have the facilities to house the amount of tanks necessary. I find the entire process extremely wasteful.  The fry that is produced might have some winners- you keep those, and the losers...well...
a few THOUSAND or so culled fish later and you're ready for the next phase of breeding FH's.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back