Questions On A New Tank Setup(filter Etc)

magicvega

Reaction score
Ok First off ive looked around searching for ideas but i couldnt come up with a decently good choice or answer so im asking here. Im prob getting a 180 G tank soon and wanted to know what canister filter would work best for the 200-275 ish range. Would like to really be under 250$. Also in the choice id like one thats not to much on media or it doesnt need to be replaced often . So far ive found the fluval fx5 or the eheim 2260 or 2250 or the filstar xp4. I really just want something easy to change media and fairly decent price wise. I used to have a old magnum and i hated changing the filter because you had to remove all the hoses and set it up just right or it would make noise or wouldnt prime well . Also i wanted to find the best pump for under 75$ that could pump a few airstones maybe a bubble wall too. The one i looked at was a Luft Pump 6-CD-10900 7.0 psi for 49.99$. Other then that i think i have everything covered. Im prob ordering from dc fosters unless someone has another idea. Im in the US so i dunno how shipping would be from the uk or etc. Also anyone know any places to get colored gravel and about how much i will neeed to put a decent layer on a 180 g tank lol. Thanks for your help in advance.

Sum it up i need ideas for a 180 g tank
Decent filter for around 250$
good pump for under 75$
Where to buy gravel cheap.

go for thr ehiem, you can`t beat them!

sanother option that you may find, is to get 2or3 smaller filters thats the way i run my 60 g and my 90 g

hmm yeah i was thinking the more expensive one would prob be better... i can get the 2250 for 179 and the 2260 for 249 so im not sure if the 2250 is enough though.. Do they come with the media for them or do you have to buy that spereate? im trying to find the best cost effectiveness for this project.

Most reactions

Back