Question on Emperor Tetras...

Magnum Man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I ordered 6 Palmeri Emperors... from a good on line seller, & afterwards received a phone call, that they only had 2 Palmeri left... would I take a substitute to complete my order, of blue's or Blacks...

so the quick question, will there be any issues between any of these??? normally I'm seeing Tetras shoal together, & my 1st instinct, is they will all be fine together, just wanting to make sure they aren't prejudice, and I end up with a war between any of them???

there are several other Tetras, ( Rummy Nose & Pristellas ) & the most aggressive fish is a pretty docile couple of Zebra lace Angels, & some pretty tame dwarf Cichlids in a 55 gallon, with a lot of cover, if anyone needed a line of sight break... Thoughts

Black Emperors are also Nematobrycon palmeri, just a different color morph, so there shouldn’t be a problem with them getting along. My standard Emperors would occasionally produce black offspring.
I assume the Blue Emperors to be Inpaicthys kerri, which don’t grow as large as the Nematobrycon.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back