Query!

Bert

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
228
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vermont
I was wondering if anyone here had some advice for me.

Do any of you know of any sites that are geared towards selling fish/fish tanks? Specifically toward the New England area. But if the site is busy enough, I'm sure I could just make a topic there or something. I'm looking for someone to pick them up and shipping really isn't an option for me here.

Is it also not common to sell a complete set-up? I'm looking to sell the fish and the tank and want to do it in one fell swoop, as the fish separately aren't worth much... and I don't have it in my heart to just kill them! They work great together as tankmates and I would like to keep them together. It'd basically be a complete setup (plants, ornaments, heater) sans filter.

I'm going to make a topic on craigslist but I'm not sure if there are any other sites that might be similar and just for fish... (ftr they are South American cichlids)

Any help would be appreciated on this topic! Thanks guys.
 
I was wondering if anyone here had some advice for me.

Do any of you know of any sites that are geared towards selling fish/fish tanks? Specifically toward the New England area. But if the site is busy enough, I'm sure I could just make a topic there or something. I'm looking for someone to pick them up and shipping really isn't an option for me here.

Is it also not common to sell a complete set-up? I'm looking to sell the fish and the tank and want to do it in one fell swoop, as the fish separately aren't worth much... and I don't have it in my heart to just kill them! They work great together as tankmates and I would like to keep them together. It'd basically be a complete setup (plants, ornaments, heater) sans filter.

I'm going to make a topic on craigslist but I'm not sure if there are any other sites that might be similar and just for fish... (ftr they are South American cichlids)

Any help would be appreciated on this topic! Thanks guys.


www.aquabid.com possibly. Sometimes tanks and such are available.
 
You might also try putting a thread in the Buy, Sell & Swap section. There may be a member near you that would be interested.
 
do u live in Vermont, as in Vermont the state? as in the state over from me? hmmm, very interesting.....
 
If you're selling the lot without the filter, you're rather relying on the buyer having a cycled filter ready to go, aren't you? That will cut down your potential customers quite a lot. I assume you are keeping the filter for a new tank?
 
No, the filter broke and I'm using a few smaller filters atm. I'm not going to go out and spend money on a tank that I feel I can't afford to keep anymore.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top