putting a new betta

cutecotton

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i'm wondering, will there be a problme if i put my new betta in another betta's tank, where he built a bubblnest?

obviously the owner of that bubblenst will be removed to another tank, i'm just wondeirng if hte new betta will be freaked out by the presense of a bubblenest that doesn't belong to him :huh:

Wouldn't you want to use fresh water or do enough of a water change to destroy the bubble nest?

Koda

well it's in my 10G aquarium, divided into 4 sections with 4 bettas in each section. Thinking of taking one of the betas in the section out adn giving it away for a friend so i can put the new betta in that section. He has a big bubblenest built in the section though. I could probably just destroy it with some water change..but i was thinking of just putting the betta in there :unsure:

I have heard of people doing this when they have a betta that is a poor bubblenest builder but they want to breed them. Apparently it actually doesn't freak the new owner out at all and they will continue building it. Atleast that is what I have read. :)

Jay is absolutly right, if he is a poor nest builder you can transfer like that to help everything along.

Most reactions

Back