Puffer In A Community

sic0198

Fish Herder
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
0
Points
0
A while ago I saw some dwarf puffer fish at a walmart near me. I have a twenty-four gallon and I want one. Are these suited for a community tank?
 
A while ago I saw some dwarf puffer fish at a walmart near me. I have a twenty-four gallon and I want one. Are these suited for a community tank?
Puffers are only suited to a species tank from what I have read on here
Right nasty buggers
 
they are species only, but people have had sucess in the past (i kept one in a community) but it isn't recommended. Reason i did because of the personality of the puffer :)
 
and from what little i have read on here and the puffer forum , the personality of the fish speaks volumes
 
It can be attempted but at your own risk. They can have nasty attitudes bullying their own kind. I have a species only tank and do not regret one bit there are no other inhabitants there. They are humorous little guys and always bring a smile to my face. :)

Also if it was a community not sure if one would be alright by itself or better. Individually 5g is recommended for the first dwarf and 3g for additional (other people may have different rules but this one has worked for me) as they have large bioloads for a one inch fish
 
I made the mistake of adding a pair of Puffers to my tank where my Oscars thought they were a snack......20 mins later.....2 dead Oscars :no:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top