Problem!

schooly20

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Grand Rapids, MI
Alright so I just started my vacation/holiday on wed. Having a blast, the problem comes in due to the fact that we had a storm go through on wednesday before we left that knocked out the power. Sadly we couldnt delay the departure so I took apart the filter and put the bio wheels in the tank to float so the bacteria didnt die. So apparently we still dont have power at the house and either way, if power comes back on my roommates wont be back until monday. to put the filter back together for me and turn it on. I am very afraid that my fish will die, or will they be alright until monday when they can get the filter going again. I wont be back until the 13th. I have a 65 gal tank with a blue gourami, moonlight gourami, paradise fish, small spotted climbing perch, 3 silver dollars, 3 yo yo loaches, 3 pitbull plecos, 3 otos, and 7 skunk corys.
 
I hope they have enough oxygen. I think the backteria may be ok, the biowheel may be close enough to the surface that they keep oxygenated. I know this is of no help now, but you could get a battery operated air pump to hook on in cases like this to make sure the water keeps circulating.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top