Pregnant guppies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Jdel27

Reaction score
Hi all.
Iā€™ve picked up some live bearers few months ago and suddenly noticed the gravid spots on 3 female guppies.
This guppy has the largest bellies, which make me believe she could be pregnant. I can also see some little white dots on the gravid spot.
Iā€™ve been trying to read up on pregnant tropical fish as I use to own goldfish.
so I'm a little unsure when she will and the other females give birth
I also find my male guppy keeps bothering her. Any idea why?

I also have a molly/platy fish an she becoming very rounded. Help?

thank you

Attachments

• 157FFDD4-F70B-4E5E-A208-21D8CC7BAA78.jpeg
    157FFDD4-F70B-4E5E-A208-21D8CC7BAA78.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 48
  • CBF1C563-DAD0-4F10-A050-CEB7C8C40D7D.jpeg
    CBF1C563-DAD0-4F10-A050-CEB7C8C40D7D.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 37CAF1F4-7B00-483C-AF3E-9DC2F4785C6A.jpeg
    37CAF1F4-7B00-483C-AF3E-9DC2F4785C6A.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 64
Hello and Welcome to the forum. My male guppies are always chasing the females or each other like a bunch of rabbits. :hyper: I have a least 9 fry swimming around in the tank. I give the females several places to hide. That seems to be the only way they can get a little peace.:)

Hello and Welcome to the forum. My male guppies are always chasing the females or each other like a bunch of rabbits. :hyper: I have a least 9 fry swimming around in the tank. I give the females several places to hide. That seems to be the only way they can get a little peace.:)
[/QUOT

# Thank you Im excited to learn a lot more from these forums. May I ask what you are you using for your guppy hide out? I have rock caves and rock and a few plants in my aquarium itā€™s 105 litres.
Iā€™ve notice three females with gravid spots and different size bellies.
Iā€™m already preparing myself to place my breeders protection box into tank to protect fry.

Just tiny little things, the nice thing about guppies is they seem to leave the fry alone and not eat them. They are in my 30 gallon shrimp tank I finished setting up just last month. I was more excited when my tetra had fry a few months ago in my 55 gallon tank. :)They are more difficult to breed, guppies seem to do it every other week.:blush:

I have cherry barb, hatchet, black phantom tetra, cardinal tetra, a really tiny size tetra. Really got to work on that name.
Still not sure if I have mollys or Platyā€™s still working that one out as I got it in a bundle of live bearers and plenty of Shrimps:)

I would say Iā€™m enjoying the shrimp breeding just a very hard to not vacuum the babies as their so microscopic size:rolleyes:????

I have a shoal of Red Eye, Neon, Glow Light and Ember Tetras and 2 albino Catfish in my 55 gallon. My 30 gallon shrimp tank has Ghost Shrimp with the Guppies. Both tanks have Nerite snails too.

Both of my tanks are well planted with live plants and I have a small boat in the middle of the guppy tank. I have a large tree stump (fake) I plan to replace the boat with when I finish adding moss and ferns to it. Right now I have 8 adult guppies besides the fry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back