Post holiday blues

GLOBEMASTER

Reaction score
Just a follow up from my previous entry. Things were looking up for my little ones, then it went downhill again. Unfortunately my surviving clown is no longer with us and my two neon Gourami's are suffering with poorly lips (swollen white gowths). This has happened since ending the treatment (aquarium doctor BSB). I had already been using this longer than the 5 day recommended period and now things are back to square one! How long should I continue with treatment and will I ever cure what ever is going on? I feel quite helpless now and just want to help my lovely fish (then maybe my kids won't keep asking why they look so poorly). Hope you can help as this has never happened before.

I want you to read this article on Flex. Don't forget to watch the slide show. Let me know if this is it or not. We can go from there. Rose

I guess its allready been asked or you've said in last post, but whats the water and maintenance like?

Thanks for the reply Rose but I have to say I don't think that is the answer? The Gourami's also have a couple of other marks on them and I think this down to the Koi Angels 'having a go' as they they are very close to laying eggs (4th time). Having read the article I can say I manage the water without fail. Regular water changes are carried out, there is always a large supply of oxygen from both an airstone and via the filter, they are never overfed and the water quality is always checked and all levels are very low with PH values at a constant 7.5. My single surviving Neon Tetra is fine, although perhaps lonely. I have found in the past Gourami's prone to problems like this. Could they be a breeding ground in the tank? Thanks again, GM

Most reactions

Back