Pompeii tour by night: Part I (6 pics)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cian McLiam

Ye Olde Irish Tank Guy
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
While on honeymoon in Italy we did the obligatory tour of Pompeii during the day, which was amazing. It was only when we were leaving we saw an ad for the night time tour of the ruins, lit up in a spectacular light show with a sountrack by Ennio Morricone and a video show projected onto the walls of the basillica.

Pompeii, if you aren't familiar with it, was a Roman town destroyed and preserved by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in the year 79 CE (A.D.).

It was truly amazing but unfortunately tripods weren't allowed inside the excavations so most of the photos were very blurry because I had to hand hold the camera set at 1600 ISO. Some came out pretty ok, these are the pick of the bunch and the first one was taken with the tripod from outside the ruins.

I'll post some more night time ones later, and the pick of the daytime photos from Pompeii and Herculaneum.

Enjoy!

A view from the visitors entrance, the only one I had the benifit of a tripod for. The rest of the pics are not of this quality. The walkway up to the Porta Marina where most visitors enter is on the right hand side.
DSC_0916.jpg

The Temple of Apollo
DSC_0946.jpg

And again from the side:
DSC_0947.jpg

Temple of Vespasian
DSC_0979.jpg

A Villa outside the city walls
DSC_0919.jpg

Temple of Jupiter in the forum:
DSC_0973.jpg

WoW those pics are just stunning :drool: how beautiful !

Exceptional as usual Cian :thumbs: You really do have a tremendous talent for seeing the shots, and even more for being able to take the shots.

Congratulations too on your wedding, I trust it all went well :clap:

Arfie

Fantastic shots! I envy your ability to hold the camera still! :lol:

Again, stunning shots, hope you had a great time on your honey moon and on your wedding!

Wow those are awsome pictures also. You sure have the nack for taking pictures. You should come to KY you would get paid good money for taking great pictures.

Most reactions

Back