Poll On Piranhas

Do you think putting another decent sized fish(A cichilid, shark, oscar, etc) into a tank with red-b

• Yes (Feel free to post reasons for the way you feel)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (Feel free to post reasons for the way you feel)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ok...i have an old 30 gal. tank and i want to find a cool looking fish that is farly interesting, maybe an agressive fish. What kind of fish would advice for this tank?

You could have a mating pair of convicts in that happily. Convicts can be aggressive little fish, only thing is they breed like rabbits but are great fish imo.

ok...i have an old 30 gal. tank and i want to find a cool looking fish that is farly interesting, maybe an agressive fish. What kind of fish would advice for this tank?

You could have a mating pair of convicts in that happily. Convicts can be aggressive little fish, only thing is they breed like rabbits but are great fish imo.

but how big do they get?

After reading this entire thread i have come up with a few points.
1 - Sryan609 if your going to ask a question atleast be considerate and take the others answers to heart.
2- Sryan609 you are a very ignorant person
3 - Its Kyle McGrath :lol:

After watching a very interesting and disturbing programe regarding expanding snakehead population in the USA. My advice would be don't. Great escape artist's, will eat everything and generally unpleasant creatures. I didn't think they looked that nice either. I would just stick with your Piranha and maybe some of the other fish suggested by fellow posters. :good:

but how big do they get?

Roughly 6-7"

is that too big for a 30gal. tank though? or will they not get that big too quick?

and by 'mating pair' you mean female and male, right?

After watching a very interesting and disturbing programe regarding expanding snakehead population in the USA. My advice would be don't. Great escape artist's, will eat everything and generally unpleasant creatures. I didn't think they looked that nice either. I would just stick with your Piranha and maybe some of the other fish suggested by fellow posters. :good:
yea i changed my mind about wanting one when i found out that they are illegal

but how big do they get?

Roughly 6-7"

is that too big for a 30gal. tank though? or will they not get that big too quick?

What are the tank measurements?If its 30 gallon long, so around 3 foot long and 1 foot wide then its fine for them.If its 30 gallon tall then I dont think it will be suitable. A mating pair is yes male and female and they will breed alot, especially if you give them a plantpot or cave to go in.

but how big do they get?

Roughly 6-7"

What are the tank measurements?If its 30 gallon long, so around 3 foot long and 1 foot wide then its fine for them.If its 30 gallon tall then I dont think it will be suitable. A mating pair is yes male and female and they will breed alot, especially if you give them a plantpot or cave to go in.

its about 2' long and 1' wide.
will they really really breed a ton?

and since its not wasting money, do you think it would be ok to put one of the babies, after it grew, into my piranha tank? just to test if it could live, and since i didnt pay for it might as well.... or is it unhealthy for my reds, kinda like goldfish are?

but how big do they get?

Roughly 6-7"

and since its not wasting money, do you think it would be ok to put one of the babies, after it grew, into my piranha tank? just to test if it could live, and since i didnt pay for it might as well.... or is it unhealthy for my reds, kinda like goldfish are?

If its 2 foot long and a foot wide then its likely to be a 30 gallon tall or not a 30 gallon at all. If you could give the tank height,length and width in inches it would help. If its 20 gallon then you should be able to get away with it but when they get bigger its more likely they will fight.

Their your fish so you can try if you wish, however your already fully stocked in your piranha tank from what I remember and its likely you will see the convict even chasing away the reds but it will eventually be killed and eaten.

but how big do they get?

Roughly 6-7"

If its 2 foot long and a foot wide then its likely to be a 30 gallon tall or not a 30 gallon at all. If you could give the tank height,length and width in inches it would help. If its 20 gallon then you should be able to get away with it but when they get bigger its more likely they will fight.

Their your fish so you can try if you wish, however your already fully stocked in your piranha tank from what I remember and its likely you will see the convict even chasing away the reds but it will eventually be killed and eaten.

im positive its a 30 gal. its 2ft.long 2ft wide. i think im gonna get convicts and try em out....what should i feed them? are shrimp pellets ok until they get larger?

im positive its a 30 gal. its 2ft.long 2ft wide. i think im gonna get convicts and try em out....what should i feed them? are shrimp pellets ok until they get larger?
no, convicts need a good meaty diet, that is varied, if youve been bringing fish up on shrimp pellets, they must hate you (no offense)

You firstly said it was 2 foot long and a 1ft wide.

It would be better being a 3 foot long to be honest but if its 2 foot long and 2 foot wide then its likely to be more than 30 because of the height. Give me the height, length and width in inches.

You should feed them cichlid pellets, bloodworm etc. They will breed alot though so you might want to think about what you will do with all the babies.

moi mate has a 2 foot comon in a piranah tank its fine

Then your mate is keeping them incorrectly :)

Most reactions

Back