plzzz help asap

Lexxa

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
im gonna be converting my 10g into a sand tank!! :D today!!! i just wanna kno how long it takes to settle...im gonna be putting the fish into a fishbowl with a bubbler in it while it settles..im just wondering how long it's gonna take...i only have one glolite and 5 neons in it soo far!! after i put in the sand im thinking of putting the tetras in the 30g and putting like 3 dwarf puffers in the 10g!!! but just for today im doin the sand...so can someone help me out today!!! plzz soon..lol :D :D :D

I don't know how long it takes but I remember reading a post sometime maybe last week or so that talked about making sure the sand was already really wet and leaving the wet sand in a bag until you have it at the bottom of the tank then dumping it slowly out. I would think it would take a few hours to settle but I haven't done the gravel-> sand conversion...yet. GOOD LUCK! :)

last time i did my sand it settled over nite, rince sand, put it in tank put a bowl on top poure water in slow should be able to put fish back in if u keep old tank water

The search button at the top. Sand has been disscussed many times before.

If you clean the sand very well before adding by putting it in a bucket and running water through it till the water runs clear, you should be able to put the fish back straight away (once temperature is up and stable).

BTW, 3 DP's in a ten gal is a nono. 1 per 5gals, so 2 in a ten. Ask in the oddballs section when you are thinking about puffers.

[Edit: Spelling]

Jon

thx for thr quick help guys!! and btw i found where the search thingy is..lol..theres soo many things on this site i havnt figured out yet....but yea..i will let ya'll know how my tank turns out!!! :D :D i cant wait to hava sand tank!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back