Plecos

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

tanker

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I always admire the plecos in the local store, mumbling that one day when i can afford a huge tank, i'll get one!

I was just wandering if there are any that would happily live in my tank (below). I've seen an angelicus pleco that gets to 4". Would one of these be ok & are they available in most fish stores?

edit: oops just seen a similar post in the catfish cradle. hmm, bristlenose look good!? (ps. i'm not overstocked am i?)

Thanks,

Chris

what about a pictus.......they grow to bout 5 inches i think.......and pleco's take time to grow so by the time it needs a bigger tank u may have 1 ;)

Tek :fish:

I have a couple of plec's that only grow to 5 inches but they cost more! ;)

Graeme.

Just make sure you don't get a Sailfin Pleco. I got one for my 10 gallon tank when I was young and stupid(thankfully, now I'm just stupid ;) ). I didn't know that they grow 16-20 inches! :crazy:

Valerie

Don't worry, I upgraded tanks. :D

My pesonal choice would be the Bristlenose. The grow to around 5" max. although most stay around 3 to 4 inches. You can have three in a tank quite nicely and they are easily bred if you have plenty of bogwood in your tank. I have 5 in my tank and they make a good community fish. However there are quite a few others to choose from and each have their own good points. At the end of the day, it's what you want that matters.

PLecos grow only to the size of there tank i think! 8)

Thanks guys!

Would one bristlenose be ok on their own? I'm a bit worried about overstocking.

Thats life, graham! :lol: What sort are they?

No sailfin then val! (writes in notebook)

How big is your tank, dragonslair? Sounds good!

Pictus sound good, but i really want a pleco (maybe its just a stage i'm going through!)

Most reactions

Back