Plecos

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

reg2k2

Fish Addict
Reaction score
As I was in the midst of last water change, I noticed my pleco shaking, then turned pale to the point where he was all spots.  His normal markings is polka-dot, with dark bands along his body.  I figured it was from fear, although I don't know how losing his stripes might protect him in the wild.  Any ferocious polka-dotted fish you know of?
I know I've seen him change colors before, but never to this point.  And I know I've read somewhere that color change is normal.  So, just curoius, anybody know why they do?

Not got a clue. maybe it's a stress/fear thing. most fish change colours to some extend in different situations. Maybe one of the others will know. sorry reg i cant be of more help.

I believe its to do with stress m8 as my Pleco's often change to a lighter colour when im doing waterchanges too :what: :look:

Most Pleco's will also be a tad skittish if you stick your hands gravel cleaners etc into the tank and race around to get out of the way but dont worry they are a naturally shy fish thats likes a bit of piece n quiet (dont we all lol) ;)

Hope this puts your mind at rest m8 :D

:) Also a sign of protecting his territory, he might even make a move towards the gravel cleaner. ;) Mac.

I know Im a bit late with this but my pleco goes kinda 'dappled' if the tank light changes. he goes speckled. he does this is even if no-one is near the tank.

Most reactions

Back