Please Help My Favourite Fish Is Dying!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Reaction score
I have a little fat, speckled fan tail who is my favourite which I think is dying.
He has been swimming funny for about 2 days ie: swimming on his side and going upside down.
Today he has been laid on the bottom and now he is laid upside down in one of the plants, he isn't dead but he doesn't look at all well.
He has no marks on him so it doesn't look like an infection and all the other fish are fine.
Please help and let me know if I can save him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

is there any way you could quarantine him just incase he could be ill and pass it on to the other fish

i dont know too much but it may be swimbladder in which case there is no need to quarantine it what type of fish is it?

do you have a picture of him i know that some of the more fancy goldfish are prone to swimbladder

Yes it sounds like swim bladder, hard to cure once it has progressed, try shell peas and daphnia.
What do you normally feed the fish.
What sice tank.
And how many and which type.
plus water stats in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph.

i agree with wilder it is hard to treat but possible with the right diet
do you have any pictures then?

I wont add pics as it says the files are too big have you got any yet?

ok i can post some pics of my favourite fish while i wait
These are the best I can get for now!!!View attachment 34912View attachment 34913View attachment 34914

ok i can post some pics of my favourite fish while i wait
These are the best I can get for now!!! Photo_0006.jpg

Sorry cant tell what fish it is but it doesnt look well and is most likely swim bladder you could get treatment from your local pet shop but i would use in conjunction with a good diet as i have heard the treatments dont work.

Just from what i can see it may just be the quality of the pics but are you sure it doesnt have finrot

My goldfish behaved like that when it had finrot and from the pic ur fish doesnt seem to have much of a tail

Most reactions

Back