Please Help! I Need To Know If These Fish Are Compatible

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Akeath

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Would 5-7 Dwarf Neon Rainbows, 8 Harlequin Rasboras, 7 Neon Tetras, and 6 Panda Cories be okay? (I can add more fish to each group if they would feel more comfortable). I'm desperate for some information on the compatibility of the Dwarf Neon Rainbows with everyone else in particular. If they aren't, what would be a different species that would go with the others?
Also, are there any ratios for sexes that I should be following? I already know that there should be 2 females to every male for the Rainbows, but I'm not sure about the others.
Oh, and the tank will be 75 gallons.

Would 5-7 Dwarf Neon Rainbows, 8 Harlequin Rasboras, 7 Neon Tetras, and 6 Panda Cories be okay? (I can add more fish to each group if they would feel more comfortable). I'm desperate for some information on the compatibility of the Dwarf Neon Rainbows with everyone else in particular. If they aren't, what would be a different species that would go with the others?
Also, are there any ratios for sexes that I should be following? I already know that there should be 2 females to every male for the Rainbows, but I'm not sure about the others.
Oh, and the tank will be 75 gallons.

Sounds to me that those fish will go along just fine. The rainbows only get 2 and a half inches. The only thing I see that could hurt you is being a larger fish, they may have a tendency to attack the neons. Usually they are tolerant.

They would be fine together, Praecox Rainbows are a great fish to go in small communities :good:
Panda Corys and neons can be sensitive in new tanks though so it is best to wait a few months before adding them

Sounds to me that those fish will go along just fine. The rainbows only get 2 and a half inches. The only thing I see that could hurt you is being a larger fish, they may have a tendency to attack the neons. Usually they are tolerant.

Would Threadfin Rainbowfish be better then? I understand that they max out at 2 inches, rather than 2 1/2 or three? Or would it not make much of a difference?

go with cardinal tetras instead of rainbow. hardier, a little more colorful, and not quite as snack sized.
i don't know anything about rainbows, but i would say that that slight difference in size might not matter much. in the end, it's a big fish and a smaller fish..and whether it's a bigger big fish, or a big fish, it might not have much affect..it probably comes down to the personalities of the rainbows more. if you want to be super safe, go with the smaller rainbow, but if you like the praecox a lot more i'd just go with that. but definitely try for cardinal tetras..and if that's the only fish you're getting you could up the numbers...almost double.

Would Threadfin Rainbowfish be better then? I understand that they max out at 2 inches, rather than 2 1/2 or three? Or would it not make much of a difference?

Threadfins are notoriously more difficult to feed. They will poke their nose up if its the wrong size. I really think the dwarf neon's would be fine. They are peaceful in nature.

Most reactions

trending

Back