Platy injured? Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jons515

Reaction score
Woke this morning, went to feed the fish (we have 3 platys and 2 zebra minnows, aquarium readings are all fine) to find one of the platy has what looks like a wound, any help or advice on what to do next would be appreciated thanks.
Tank does have some ornaments but no sharp edges.
Photos for you to see

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-093244_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-093244_Gallery.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20210515-093220_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-093220_Gallery.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 40
Seem like a subcutaneous or superficial blood stain. But I do think it came from an injury...

Woke this morning, went to feed the fish (we have 3 platys and 2 zebra minnows, aquarium readings are all fine) to find one of the platy has what looks like a wound, any help or advice on what to do next would be appreciated thanks.
Tank does have some ornaments but no sharp edges.
Photos for you to see
Yes, I think it could have been from an injury. He either bumped into the glass one too many times, is getting bullied, or is scratched up from something you don't think is sharp.. but is. I would recommend doing some aquarium salt and monitoring his behavior. I have noticed platys get this every once in awhile, mine had it several months ago after I first got her and it went away on its own.

Thanks for the replies, i did a 40ish% water change and added some aqarium salt that day, will do another 20% tomorrow to be on the safe side and maybe again thursday, my worry was if it could get infected with being an open wound, but touch wood, all looks fine, the mark has pretty much gone now, you can just make out where it was faintly, I was shocked it had gone so quickly!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back