Platy Colour Morphs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DannyS

Reaction score
I have a couple of different Platys, and was wondering what different colour morphs there are about/what colour morphs do people here have?

My main reason for this is because I have a sunset platy who is a mix of something else (she has black bars on her fins) but I dont know what that is.

I have a couple of different Platys, and was wondering what different colour morphs there are about/what colour morphs do people here have?

My main reason for this is because I have a sunset platy who is a mix of something else (she has black bars on her fins) but I dont know what that is.
Platys with black bars in the tail are known as a comet or twinbar platys

does she have twin bars on her caudal fin and maybe black bar on the dorsel fin?

cause i have a few twinbars in my tank as well

Last year i bought six platies, three sunsets, who didn't last long, an orange femalewho was an odd shape and never, pregnant, an orange Mickey mouse male, which I still have and a dull orande female, now diceased, who is the mother , grandmother etc of all I have.

The tank atthe shop only had orane plain or mickeymouse, sunset and some dull green fish, but i have , alasno sunsets, but plain orane, yellow and orange mickey mouse, a very striking orange with black fins and tail (my son covets it but is not getting it), apaler version of this, a black with orange face, and several blues with black, self colour and bright red fins, plus a couple who , on maturity, have taken on an orange blush, making then look as though they are lit up from inside. Most of the blues are mickeymouse.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back