Platy bullies

Emberly.rose

New Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
4
Points
3
Location
Portsmouth
Hi! I have four platies in my 54l tank. Two of them seem to constantly chase and try and attack the other two. The gentler ones seem so stressed out and are spending most of their time hiding. My question is, would they be happy if I took the two bullies out and put them in my spare tank? I feel so bad for the other two and I don't want them to die from the stress of it all. Thank you
 
If it's a dominance thing, it will pass. But if they're too stressful to the other two, get those bullies out of there. For too much stress "can" lead to death.
 
They are all females. I thought they were pregnant for a while but it has been too long now. It's the two in the first picture that are the mean ones! Thank you for all of your help
 

Attachments

  • 20210826_212337.webp
    20210826_212337.webp
    113.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 20210826_212514.webp
    20210826_212514.webp
    229.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 20210826_212219.webp
    20210826_212219.webp
    143.4 KB · Views: 101
They are all females. I thought they were pregnant for a while but it has been too long now. It's the two in the first picture that are the mean ones! Thank you for all of your help
Two are surely females. The two others could be males that just ate.
 
@emeraldking, the 2 'victims' might have oviposters. Could they be being pursued for fry?:eek:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top