FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

zub-typer

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

I have for sale;

Red Serpent Vallisneria Vallis Rubra:
Lots of healthy plantlets approx. 10" long and growing fast...
These plants multiply virtually overnight, you can pretty much watch them grow in my tank..

5 x Plants £2.50 delivered to your door.

Paypal me : [email protected]

Thanks for looking..
Z

More detail;
7e6f_1.JPG

South East Asia.

Height: upto 100cm (40")

Light: Medium - Bright

Substrate: Medium 40mm+, Virtually any from sand to medium gravel (NOT Coral Sand/Gravel!)

Fertilisation: Root Tabs, Fish Waste, Laterite, Soil

Movement/CO2: Seems to prefer light water movement, CO2 not important

Water Hardness: Medium - Very Hard, Likes Hard Alkaline Water (NOT Soft)

pH: 6.5 - 8.0, Likes Hard Alkaline Water (NOT Acidic)

Water Temperature: 16-30 oC (60-80 oF), Prefers Cool Tropical (18-24 oC)

Propagation: Runners, Easy, Self Propagates in Good Conditions

Difficulty: Very Easy Provided Simple Demands Met

Rarity: Very Rare in Trade

Comments:

A very unusual and hard to get hold of Vallis species and colour strain.
Hardy and easy to grow.
This species has very long, thick, kinky bright green leaves with colourful red-brown tips
Although it can grow up to 1 m long it rarely grows to that size in the aquarium, it likes to have it's leaves trailing along the surface downstream of a gentle filter outlet.
It is quite tough and usually left alone by fish (including big Goldfish and even some Plecs!!!).
When planting trim roots back slightly and carefully cut off any dead/damaged leaves, be careful to dig a big enough hole for the roots, place plant in hole and fill in around crown gently, then very gently tug upwards by leaves until crown is slightly ABOVE substrate and plant is held in place by roots, which should also be aligned pointing downwards by this same process.
Burying the crown of this plant (or planting it bunched in lead!) is virtually guaranteed to make it rot.
Forms dense clumps in good conditions, if these clumps get too overcrowded, thin out some of the plants and spread them out.

does the leaves grow red? as the pic is green, and its listed as rare, but the green variety is in all my LFS!!
if they do grow red, i might be interested :)

I'm really tempted, do you have a photo of what they look like 'in- tank' please?

Im also tempted, but i would want a lot, maybe 15 plants.
Is this the same as straight vallis - requirement wise?

Hello,

I have for sale;

Red Serpent Vallisneria Vallis Rubra:
Lots of healthy plantlets approx. 10" long and growing fast...
These plants multiply virtually overnight, you can pretty much watch them grow in my tank..

5 x Plants £2.50 delivered to your door.

Paypal me : [email protected]

Thanks for looking..
Z

More detail;
7e6f_1.JPG

South East Asia.

Height: upto 100cm (40")

Light: Medium - Bright

Substrate: Medium 40mm+, Virtually any from sand to medium gravel (NOT Coral Sand/Gravel!)

Fertilisation: Root Tabs, Fish Waste, Laterite, Soil

Movement/CO2: Seems to prefer light water movement, CO2 not important

Water Hardness: Medium - Very Hard, Likes Hard Alkaline Water (NOT Soft)

pH: 6.5 - 8.0, Likes Hard Alkaline Water (NOT Acidic)

Water Temperature: 16-30 oC (60-80 oF), Prefers Cool Tropical (18-24 oC)

Propagation: Runners, Easy, Self Propagates in Good Conditions

Difficulty: Very Easy Provided Simple Demands Met

Rarity: Very Rare in Trade

Comments:

A very unusual and hard to get hold of Vallis species and colour strain.
Hardy and easy to grow.
This species has very long, thick, kinky bright green leaves with colourful red-brown tips
Although it can grow up to 1 m long it rarely grows to that size in the aquarium, it likes to have it's leaves trailing along the surface downstream of a gentle filter outlet.
It is quite tough and usually left alone by fish (including big Goldfish and even some Plecs!!!).
When planting trim roots back slightly and carefully cut off any dead/damaged leaves, be careful to dig a big enough hole for the roots, place plant in hole and fill in around crown gently, then very gently tug upwards by leaves until crown is slightly ABOVE substrate and plant is held in place by roots, which should also be aligned pointing downwards by this same process.
Burying the crown of this plant (or planting it bunched in lead!) is virtually guaranteed to make it rot.
Forms dense clumps in good conditions, if these clumps get too overcrowded, thin out some of the plants and spread them out.

pm'd mate :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back