Planted tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

FishEs2978

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all ,

So after a LOT of persuasion I have finally convinced my dad to let me get another tank ( after we move house so won't be for a few months ). Anyways , I was wondering as I have only a few basic fish at the moment , livebearers etc , what sort of plants and fish I could get for a tank between 240l and 360l. I'd really like a pair of keyholes and bolivian rams .... is this possible ?

thanks !

I think that could work in my opinion keyholes are good community fish and are fairly passive , my pair do like to eat my plants tho ... donā€™t know if thatā€™s a trait if thereā€™s or mine just being bum holes , they wouldnā€™t grow much larger than the rams but occupies the same lower swim so Iā€™d plan for any possible aggression

Ok , great thanks ! I want to make sure it will be 100% ok so what would be a good option instead of rams ? I really like pairs or shoaling fish ...

Ok , great thanks ! I want to make sure it will be 100% ok so what would be a good option instead of rams ? I really like pairs or shoaling fish ...
I think rams would be a good option if the water parameters are right , keeping pairs with cichlids is always risky , even mild mannered cichlids become aggressive when spawning , my keyholes have paired but donā€™t lay eggs Iā€™m assuming itā€™s because they are pretty much bottom of the food chain in my tank, shoaling fish only cichlid I can think of really that do well in numbers are geophagus

Ok , thank you ! I'm quite new to all of this so with key holes and rams would I be able to keep non-cichlids ?

Ok , thank you ! I'm quite new to all of this so with key holes and rams would I be able to keep non-cichlids ?
Yeah you could probably keep anything with those to be fair , if you like shoaling fish Iā€™d get some corydoras and some tetras just find the ones you like most , corys and tetras do better in groups 6 of each of the same species or more is even better

Ok , thank you ! so for a 300l 2/3 rams , 2/3 keyholes , I quite like rummy noses so maybe around 7/8 and then I'm leaning towards panda cories so 7/8. Is this the max capacity of the tank ? Or can I add more ?

Ok , thank you ! so for a 300l 2/3 rams , 2/3 keyholes , I quite like rummy noses so maybe around 7/8 and then I'm leaning towards panda cories so 7/8. Is this the max capacity of the tank ? Or can I add more ?
300l so Iā€™m guessing a big 4ft or a small 5ft , Iā€™d think you could add more depending on the tank footprint, if I was adding more Iā€™d add something else to the middle /top swim

Whereabouts do cherry barbs swim ? I'm in love with the little guys
I think they swim the whole tank but Iā€™d guess they would appear in the middle swim the most,Iā€™d consider looking from South American as the planned stock for the tank would all be from that continent anyways

Ok !! Thank you so much ! Iā€™ll do some research and pick a breed I like ! Unless you have any suggestions ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back