Plant growth

EddieW

Fish Addict
Reaction score
It is sometimes worth spending more money on the plants that you buy.

I know that you can get plants a lot cheaper at some places but I can highly recommend Lifeforce Online if you want top quality. It will take a while for your order to arrive as they order directly from Tropica in Denmark once a week. However the planta you receive are so much better than anything else I have had on mail order.

The prices might seem high - for example I recently ordered some Vallisneria Americana (Straight Vallis) which cost me £2.99 each, I have seen bundles of five offered on other sites for £1 to £2. The difference being that each of these plants is supplied individually potted in rock wool and much larger than the other.

I replanted this side of my tank recently to replace some plants which had either not taken first time around or had been uprooted by the fish.

This photo was taken the evening that the plants were placed in the tank on 23rd March (the three straight vallis and the other two plants on the left are the new ones, the ones to the right behind the angel are existing plants).

Edit - In case anyone is interested I have dug out the invoice and the plant at the front left is Rotalia Rotundifolia. The one at the back towards middle of shot is Shinnersia Rivularis.

Also in shot is an Echinodorus Bleheri (Amazon Sword) to the right of the shot, Vesicularia Dubyana (Java Moss) on the mopani wood and a bit of a sad looking Cryptocoryne Wendtii just behind and in front of the SAE in the first shot. You can just about see an Anubias Barteri in the second shot behind and to the right of the Angel.

These were all part of the original planting of this tank and all have taken off well apart from the crypt - I think this is due to the fact that the amount of digging in that area by the kribs may have damaged it's roots as all of the other plants got totelly uprooted.

Attachments

• plants_2303.jpg
    plants_2303.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 54
This photo was taken this morning - less than one month later. You can see the growth - in fact I am going to have to prune them shortly.....

Cheers, Eddie

Attachments

• plants_1904.jpg
    plants_1904.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 66
Wow EddieW, That's a lot of healthy growth for one month! You seem to be happy with them and they are for sure happy to be with you!

ALASKA

Second picture above and to the left of the black angel, is that an Iriatherina werneri?

Silly Me,

I'll get some tyank shots over the next couple of days.

L.L.,

Yep - well spotted. There are four of them in there, lovely little fish. If you look really closely there is one of the krib fry just in front of the greek ruin to the left of the spawning cave.

Cheers, Eddie

Most reactions

Back