Pics Needed

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Siamese Fighter05

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey guys :)

I've got too much time on my hands as college is out for another week :D and i've been thinking of making a little website to try and cover some of the questions we get over and over every week. I also want to try and help people wth what is good for a nano and so on....

As you all know im a really poor photographer and i'd need some good pics of inhabitants Etc.

ATM i'd need a pic of hermits, different snails (Cerith, Astrae etc.) and then your nano safe fish.
I'll credit you for your pics (Of course!)

Thanks alot guys
Dan

I've got a few macro pics of some blue leg hermits that I took while on holiday in Jamacia... I was holding them in my hand, so they are not in a tank or even the water...

I'll get some good piccys as mine comes together...

Sf05....I hate to be a 'bad guy' here, but, this post comes down to advertising another website. I don't think William would approve of this post. Caution. SH

:lol: Sorry didn't realise it would look like that, close the thread if you want.

Cheers Smithrc :)
When i do start the site and get on the hermits, i'll be sure to send you a PM :thumbs:

No....go ahead with your site.....if it's just informational, no problem.....sorry. SH

No....go ahead with your site.....if it's just informational, no problem.....sorry. SH

Yep, i was just hoping to answer some of the FAQ and offer some general help on Nano-safe Livestock ETC.

The site will be nothing special as i'm about as good at website building as i am at photo's :*) :lol:

I'll try and get you a decent shot of my Blue Knuckle Hermit.

Having said that Dan.... I think your photography is a lot better than mine! :p

I'll try and get you a decent shot of my Blue Knuckle Hermit.

Having said that Dan.... I think your photography is a lot better than mine! :p

:lol: Not in this lifetime :rolleyes:

Thanks alot mate, i'm sure i've seen some great hermit crab shots in your thread :)

I'll probably start adding pictures tommorow as i really should think about going to bed now :lol: but i did promise my mum i'd mow the lawn and wash her car so it'll probably be in the afternoon. Anyways, no rush so i'll try and focus on giving good advice for now.

Cheers again mate i'll look forward to your pics :thumbs:
Dan

Why don't you just use photos already on the web and credit the sources. live aquaria is a good source of photos for a bunch of livestock. You could even email the site admin or webmaster, tell them you are a student building an informational web site and ask to use the pics off their pages. Most places are fine with it as long as your site is informational only and especially if you tell them you are a student doing a project. As long as you credit them it is like free advertising and they are likely to be pretty supportive.

Thanks for the advice crazylece :)

I did think about that but wasn't sure if people would be to happy with the idea.
I'll send some e-mails out to peeps when i need them.
Thanks
Dan

Couple of shots your are welcome to use, especially as I thought he was dead after it shed it's skin and I couldn't spot the shell for a while. Found it 2 days later, wedged right into a piece of branching live rock, completely unable to move!

knuckle2.jpg

knuckle3.jpg

and a (another!) bad photo of the camera shy clown (perc) with a nerite snail in the background

nemo3.jpg

Thanks alot @ombomb :) :good:

I'll diffently be using those shots of the the hermit crab. Thanks alot, have finished the homepage of the site just need to get around to doing some more. Nothing special but i hope it can help someone :)

Thanks again :thumbs:
Dan

I'll diffently be using those shots of the the hermit crab. Thanks alot, have finished the homepage of the site just need to get around to doing some more. Nothing special but i hope it can help someone :)

Dan

Found our honeymoon pictures... :)

Here are a couple of the many thousunds roaming free on the beaches in jamacia...

BLHC1.jpg

BLHC2.jpg

Dan

Found our honeymoon pictures... :)

Here are a couple of the many thousunds roaming free on the beaches in jamacia...

BLHC1.jpg

BLHC2.jpg
:lol: that's a great pic mate, i'll have to use one of each :)

They're just crawling around on the beach? Do you see any other nano seef livestock there?

Thanks alot mate

Most reactions

Back