Photos of my barbs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
@mbsqw1d you called it with the barbs, the melon barbs are starting to attack my cories relentlessly, targeting their dorsal and even chasing them into their hiding places and grabbing the fin again.
So looking like I'll be rehoming the barbs, as much as I adore the melons, theyre not as peaceful as reading says for me either

@mbsqw1d you called it with the barbs, the melon barbs are starting to attack my cories relentlessly, targeting their dorsal and even chasing them into their hiding places and grabbing the fin again.
So looking like I'll be rehoming the barbs, as much as I adore the melons, theyre not as peaceful as reading says for me either
Ah that's a shame :confused: are your melons all male? Thought that might been the problem with my Odessa .. but thinking back, I'm not sure that was it. The barbs just seem to push themselves around the tank and if a cory was in their way, it'd get nipped.

Ah that's a shame :confused: are your melons all male? Thought that might been the problem with my Odessa .. but thinking back, I'm not sure that was it. The barbs just seem to push themselves around the tank and if a cory was in their way, it'd get nipped.
I'm noticing more from the young females going after the cories. I added more leaf litter too for the cories to hide in but the barbs are chasing them under it, slowly sneaking up on them and striking them hard and fast, then chasing after them once they flee in panic.

This is especially a problem since I have blind fish in this tank as well.

slowly sneaking up on them and striking them hard and fast.
Yep, i noticed exactly that! At first I thought they were barging into them until I noticed the nipped dorsal fins. I can't stand bullies so I fell out with the barbs for a while haha Love them now they're in a new tank with the danio. I'd advise anyone from now on though to keep barbs and corydoras separate

One of my blind ladies. I find they put out more of a show with colours than the males do
20201201_231759.jpg

Got some gold barbs the other day (13 of)! They were described in the shop as metallic golden barbs ?
They're tiny at the moment, hoping I might have some mixed sex amongst them this time
IMG_20201213_171504.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back